LendKey is solving a complex challenge – to improve lives with lending made simple – by helping financial institutions compete in the digital age and provide a delightful customer experience, while providing borrowers with the simple, transparent, digital borrowing experience they have come to expect and desire. LendKey works with hundreds of credit unions and banks to conduct their education finance and home improvement loan programs.
We are looking for an experienced senior data engineer to help us buildout our Spark-based data lake on Databricks, create and maintain data pipelines, build out our data warehouse and other data structure across the firm.
Our data capabilities and culture are still in the early stages, so this is a great opportunity to help and lead in the building a modern data platform with innovative design patterns.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the product and engineering teams to develop scalable, extensible systems
- Contribute towards the development of data governance policies
- Contribute in the build out of the data lake, including the architecture, design, development, implementation, and support of the data warehouse and machine learning capabilities
- Design, manage, and support batched and real-time ETL processes, including ongoing data quality and manual/automated testing
- Identify gaps and opportunities in data infrastructure and design and build appropriate solutions
- Work with end users and analytics team members to translate business questions and requirements into appropriate data structures that can support self-service analysis
- Participate and review data design changes in transactional data stores across business units and technology stacks
- Lead and participate in initiatives to migrate data out of the legacy platform into the data lake
- Assist in monitoring and troubleshooting system performance, reliability, availability, and recoverability of all data systems across LendKey and address shortcomings in processes and procedures where necessary
What we’re looking for:
- Strong desire to work for a mission-based organization that emphasizes the importance of providing exceptional customer service and aligned with our core values:?Truthful?at all times;?Helpful?to teammates, clients, and customers;?Present, committed & engaged to their teams and work;?Driven?to be courageous to make an impact; and?Diligent?& conscientious in executing every element of work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years overall experience working in the data engineering field with a minimum 3 years of experience with enterprise data architecture and design
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in data engineering with:
- Deep experience in at least one of the major relational databases (we are a SQL Server and MySQL shop)
- A very firm grasp on the process of troubleshooting or analyzing data to find problems and/or patterns within, using SQL queries
- 2+ years of experience in:
- Designing, building, and maintaining Star Schemas
- Building and maintaining ETL workflows with a firm understanding of data load strategies for dimensions and facts, data cleansing and matching strategies, etc.
- Be extremely comfortable designing, building, and deploying data pipelines and tests in Python, PySpark, and SQL
- Experience with one or more of the following is a plus: Hive, Docker, Linux shell scripting, Tablelau/Power BI/Looker, Kafka
- Experience and background in building data platforms for financial services is a plus
Why work for us?
We have a lot to offer those that are looking to take the next step in their career, including but not limited to:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus structure
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO
- Stock options
- Creative and transparent company culture
- Growth potential