Reports to: Director of Architecture
Education: Bachelor Degree in Architecture or equivalent
Experience: 15+ years experience in the architecture field
Professional: Licensed Architect, NCARB certificate holder preferred
This position would oversee and plan all volume retail architectural aspects of building design and construction projects, using familiarity with a variety of concepts, practices, procedures and associated engineering discipline work. This role performs a variety of complex tasks, relying on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This position leads and directs the work of others. This role is intended to serve as an experienced Architect with capabilities of handling and overseeing entire projects through the architectural design and the architectural document production process.
- Makes decisions in significant architectural design problems and methods
- Regularly interprets and applies relevant codes, criteria, jurisdictional or other project factors into project documentation
- Actively supervises project budgets, schedules and programs, project communications and documentation, and project team assignments to ensure the most efficient, cost-effective and timely execution of assigned projects
- Interfaces with other in-house project disciplines to ensure cohesive and coordinated design documentation and solutions
- Estimates or oversees development of design fees, and determines scope of work in preparation of proposals and contracts for assigned project work
- Interprets, organizes, executes and coordinates architectural design assignments
- Is responsible for assembly of accurate project specifications
- Handles/assigns specific technical design aspects of a project including investigating, evaluating and recommending the design solutions and material selections that best meets the client’s needs
- Will act as an architectural project leader, including supervising and evaluating the work of other architects and technicians
- Works closely with Quality Control Manager to ensure projects meet standards and accuracy
- May communicate as necessary with project manager(s), clients, stakeholders, and construction stakeholders as changes or issues arise to ensure conformance with contract.
- May participate in client presentations before or during project delivery.
- May perform project or program management on selected projects or programs as needed.
- May participate in marketing activities.
- May participate in employee recruitment activities.
- Expert with industry standards for practice of architecture and design
- Familiarity with current design trends, materials, detailing and construction practices
- Sustainable design and/or LEED relevant knowledge preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate well internally and externally
- Expertise, experience and assertiveness in mentoring younger staff
- Ability to prepare proposals for projects, including estimating fees
- Working and/or advanced knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit software preferred
- Working knowledge of Sketchup and associated rendering software
- Experienced using Outlook and other MS Office software
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Paid medical + dental coverage
- 401K match
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible working schedule
We’re committed to our community and our team culture encourages personal development. We are an EEO employer.