Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
We are seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to join a team of IT professionals.
Responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, performance and recovery procedures for the Joint Service Provider (JSP) Infrastructure Operations Branch (JP312) enterprise systems. Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for Microsoft operating systems. Recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. Identifies methods, solutions, and provides project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service to JP312 stakeholders.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the JP312 servers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software.
- Install, configures and troubleshoots Windows servers.
- Make hardware and software purchase recommendations and obtains vendor quotes.
- Communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Provide installation, assistance, and technical support on software products to include IIS, SQL 2008 R2, PlanetIRM, Windows (2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016).
- Provide server troubleshooting, account creation, and account management in a Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, and 2016 environments.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of critical resources.
- Design, implement, and maintain a comprehensive backup strategy.
- Provide Windows security patching and ensures servers are STIG compliant.
- Maintain hardware, and security patches.
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
- Manages the JP312 data center and computer systems including hardware, software and equipment (e.g., S2, Milestone, surveillance cameras, Planet IRM).
- Develops new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Trains technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and/or acquired.
- Establishes, maintains and manages users’ application accounts. Installs, modifies and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provides server support related to other software.
- Develops tools, procedures, and training sessions for Operations, Client Support and JP312 staff to assist with work.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Works with vendors to assist support activities.
- Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of operating systems and applications.
- Develops and coordinates project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organizations.
- Provides leadership in planning and implementation of projects for operations and enterprise systems administration.
- Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for JP312 to take advantage of new technology.
- Selectee may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Years of Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field and 10 years' experience, or 13 years directly related experience without the degree.
- Must possess a TS with SCI eligibility and maintain the clearance.
- Must have 4-6 years· experience in Windows OS administration.
- Requires an at least 4 years of experience in working with system hardware.
- Minimum 4 years of experience providing infrastructure application level support.
- Must have Security+ and a Windows based certification (ex: Windows MCSA Solutions associate (Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, and 2016) and/or (Windows 8 and Windows 7).
- Minimum 4 years of experience performing system backups and restores.
- A+, Net+ Certification
- Good communication skills and customer service orientation
- Must be able to work in a team environment and assist other team members to meet deadlines
- Minimum 4 years of experience in working with DOD system hardening (STIGs, security policies, IA VA) and SQL Clustering administration. Minimum 2 years of Crystal Reports experience
- Cisco Networking experience preferred
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Work environment includes typical computer related noise levels and paper and equipment generated dust
- Exposure to video display terminals occurs on a regular basis. Incumbent is on call to provide support services during off hours
- Scheduled night and weekend work is required
- Learned physical skill is required for keyboarding and use of peripheral equipment
- Moderate lifting
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period, 100% requirement to work on site.