The HR & Recruiting Coordinator will assist the Recruiting Specialist and the hiring manager on a regular basis. We are looking for an HR & Recruiting Coordinator to assist with our full cycle recruitment, from identifying potential hires to interviewing and evaluating candidates. Ultimately, playing an important part in building a strong employer brand for our company to ensure we attract, hire, and retain the most qualified employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIILTIES:
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Attract candidates by using various sources, like social media networks and employee referrals.
- Ensures DESC attracts, hires, and retains the best employees, while growing a strong talent pipeline.
- Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications.
- Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job sites.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Assist with new hire orientation.
- Assist with vetting candidates for potential interview next steps using various reliable recruiting/selection tools/methods.
- Assess candidates’ knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience, and aptitudes.
- Keep records of all materials used for recruitment, including interview notes and related paperwork, to share with key stakeholders.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Maintain an appropriate filing system for all confidential materials.
- Committed to timely, responsive, and exceptional service.
- Must be proficient with a variety of online and computer technologies; particularly Microsoft Windows environment, Adobe systems and demonstrated skills in database management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree: Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- SHRM-CP, a plus.
- At least 2 years of recruiting or administrative support required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
OTHER: Background check and drug screen required. Salary commensurate with experience.