Explore a Career with Skillable. Make a difference every day.
Skillable is a 100% remote and virtual company. You will be expected to be a member of a highly talented and productive team, maintain a high degree of output and focus with minimal daily supervision, working on tasks assigned, while enjoying the benefits of a work from home organization.
To help drive team culture and good working relationships, Skillable leverages remote co-working sessions from time to time in different locations around the United States, where the team comes together to work and get to know each other better.
Become part of the Skillable team, where we want you to love your work !
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for providing structure to the Customer Success Team. The Senior Project Manager has a broad set of responsibilities which encompasses the successful delivery of customer-based Projects. The Senior Project Manager interacts with Customer Success Managers, Customers, and other Sales Teams with primary responsibility for estimation of effort to accomplish Customer Onboarding and Onboarding Customer based technical projects. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for ensuring an effective project launch, scope management, escalation management, and resource strategy (including growth) aligning to Customer Success/Skillable project targets. The Senior Project Manager is also responsible for the ongoing health of the active project portfolio, balancing quality with cost-efficacy and timely execution in tandem with the Customer Success Managers and other Project Managers. The Senior Project Manager has direct responsibility for meeting schedule targets as established by management. The Senior Project Manager will keep team members informed to ensure timely and accurate client communication.
The Senior Project Manager reports to the Team Lead, Customer Success.
Essential Job Duties
Essential job duties refer to those responsibilities that are critical and necessary to do the job, but also include the following:
- Ensuring we deliver a quality product and satisfaction to our customers, through exceeding expectations and working to earn trust and confidence aimed at creating continuous demand
- Maximize new opportunities through existing relationships, maintain balance while expanding, grow without compromising our brand
- Prepare for change and plan for the ‘unknown’
- Support Customer Success and Sales efforts
- Implementing recommendations to improve processes and procedures
- Maintaining good relationships with employees. Coordinating with the Team Lead to align goals, make improvements, and strategize
- Motivating employees to exceed expected goals
- Building trust and long-term relationships with managers, executives, vendors, and clients
- Analyzing data and comparing to goals
- Maintaining confidentiality of all employees, company, and vendor/client information
- Document case study and lessons learned to increase Team’s knowledgebase
- Participate on projects as delivery resource for writing; testing; quality assurance as appropriate
- Mentor other Project Managers
List the qualifications required to do the job successfully
- Persistence, practice, and patience
- Strong listening skills and ability to alter outcomes favorably, either directly or indirectly
- Knowledge of effective leadership, team, and resource management
- Knowledge of project management principles
- At least six years of project management experience
- At least six years of learning and development experience
- At least four years of people management experience
- Experience as a consultant
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Ability to work effectively in team environment
- Strong motivation and initiative
- Escalate issues to management as appropriate
- Accountable for deliverable to customer
- Knowledge of Microsoft products
- Ability to manage a budget and understand financial reports
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Comprehensive knowledge of course development software
Collateral Job Duties
Collateral job duties refer to those responsibilities that are less critical to do the job or only arise from time to time.
- Perform other tasks as might be required for the business operations of the company
- Ability to frequently remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to frequently communicate and exchange accurate information.
- Ability to constantly operate equipment such as telephone, computers, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a rewarding career, please take a moment to share your background with us by applying online. Skillable is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers full-time employees a robust benefit package, to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Healthcare Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Retirement Savings Plan (100% match of employee 401(k) contributions up to 3% of their compensation, then 50% matching contribution of next 2% of employee's compensation), Wellness Program and reimbursement, Travel Assistance Program, Short-term Disability, Life and AD&D, Accident Recovery, Employee Assistance Program, Long-term Disability, Critical Care, Cancer Care, Hospital Indemnity, Discount Program, Home Office/Communication Reimbursement, Generous Paid Time Off, Sick Time, Personal Time, 10 Company Recognized Holidays, 1 Floating Holiday, Employee Recognition Programs, Company Trips, and even Pet Insurance!