U.S. Soccer Overview
The next 10 years serves as a moment in time unlike any other for the sport of soccer in the United States. With the sport thriving and U.S. Soccer’s Senior, Youth and Extended National Teams achieving success on and off the pitch, and the FIFA World Cup on U.S. soil in 2026, there has never been a better time to join the soccer movement!
U.S. Soccer is seeking a Sr. Manager, Own-Retail to join our industry-leading team to help drive the growth of soccer in the United States and be a leader within U.S. Soccer’s growing commercial team. The primary responsibility for this role will be to oversee the agency partnership (currently Legends) responsible for managing U.S. Soccer’s digital and event retail. Additionally, the retail experience is a critical touch point in terms of fan engagement and brand positioning and as such all key initiatives and decisions will be developed and coordinated in conjunction with applicable internal stakeholders and resources.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a long-term strategy for U.S. Soccer’s overall Own-Retail businesses including revenue goals, customer acquisition practices, product roadmap, and brand extensions.
- Research and implement best practices for omni-channel experience and tactics.
- Oversee the creation and execution of annual promotional plans including seasonal event and marketing calendars.
- Coordinate with Legends to create and implement match day plans for maximizing merchandise sales on site including pre-event communication with fans, on-site branding and signage, customer service, creative transactional processes, and other techniques for enhancing the customer experience and driving revenue.
Management and Execution:
- Monitor product assortment planning, including tracking market trends and identifying gaps.
- Proactively manage communication flow between Legends, licensees, and internal stakeholders.
- Maintain weekly call cadence with Legends on U.S. Soccer Store (online and on-site) operations, promotions, and tracking against long-term objectives.
- Implement digital promotional strategy for the online store including email and social communications, online advertising, SEM, and other tactics.
- Facilitate communication between Legends and stadiums hosting U.S. Soccer National Team events.
- Oversee on-site retail operations at National Team events.
- Act as lead point of contact for all internal requests and questions for licensed product and premiums to service internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Forecast and meet annual monetary objectives and key fan engagement metrics.
- Create qualitative goals for U.S. Soccer Own-Retail (online and events) and track performance.
- Develop and maintain a reporting mechanism for U.S. Soccer’s overall retail business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of expertise.
- 5+ years of experience in online and on-site retail operations or related fields. A background in, and passion for, soccer, sports and/or entertainment is a plus.
- Strong analytic skills and experience interpreting quantitative and qualitative data and research
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able and willing to travel up to 50% of the time for partner meetings, key matches, etc.
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends & holidays.
- Able and willing to lift and move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Strong understanding of the digital commerce landscape.
- Creative strategist with an ability to track and leverage marketplace trends.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent events through multi-tasking and prioritizing efficiently.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Desire to be part of a team and ability to build consensus.
- ”Student of the Game” mentality and desire for continual growth.
- Accountable for actions/decisions and does not make excuses.
- Excellent computer skills, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and advanced Excel capabilities.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Multi-lingual a plus.
Who We Are
We are U.S. Soccer - we are the future of sport in the United States and our mission is to make soccer the preeminent U.S. sport. We are soccer stewards, uniting people through the global game and our collective goal to inspire fans, elevate communities and change lives in pursuit of a better future for soccer and our nation. Our core principles are: We Aim High, We Win Together and We Champion DEIB; our staff embody the values of Integrity, Commitment, Teamwork and Respect; and we’re seeking candidates that share our beliefs. We embrace a healthy work life balance, diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting athletes, and serving fans.
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity as employees have the privilege of working with the top soccer players and commercial minds in the country. We’re looking for someone who is a difference maker, creative, accountable, loves working with and engaging with people. Someone who is excited by the prospect of leveraging some of our country’s biggest soccer events to build and execute initiatives and tactics that grow the sport and showcase the United States’ best soccer players. Your work will directly support the ability to achieve our mission by providing resources and awareness to programs that develop world-class players, coaches, referees and National Teams.
Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company centric approach to — Serve the Athlete and the Fan.
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit.
- Possess a growth mindset—keep an open mind and seek new challenges.
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection.
- Present new ideas for partnerships and internal processes.
- Open to constructive criticism.
- Possess a tireless work ethic.
- Want to be part of a team that wins.
- Have the ability to be firm but fair.
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner.
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills.
- Comprehensive compensation plan with generous benefits and time off offerings.
- Vacation Time: Increases at your 5th and 10th year of employment. Starts at 2 weeks (10 days).
- Holidays: 16 paid holidays—including end of the year federation wide holiday break.
- Sick Leave: Unlimited.
- 401K: U.S. Soccer immediately contributes 3% of your salary whether or not you make your own contributions. If you choose to contribute, U.S. Soccer will match up to 6% of your salary at 100%. Immediately vested.
- Medical: PPO and HSA plans.
- U.S. Soccer covers 100% of employee and dependent premiums for Dental and Vision.
Culture & Perks
- Relaxed business casual dress code.
- NIKE and other U.S. Soccer partner discounts.
- U.S. Soccer Store website discounts.
- Ticket access to Chicago Fire and Red Stars regular season games.
- Social Activities year-round (ex. Footgolf, Volunteer opportunities, Holiday parties and more).
- Free annual subscription to Headspace app.
- Hybrid work schedule
- U.S. Soccer has mandated the Covid-19 vaccine and is requiring all staff to be fully vaccinated at the start of employment