REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, HMIS
STATUS: Exempt, salaried, full-time
LOCATION: Chicago, Illinois
ABOUT ALL CHICAGO:
All Chicago prevents and ends homelessness through emergency financial assistance, community partnerships, data analytics, and training and research. We provide trainings, workshops, research, and analysis to help our partners apply proven strategies to prevent and end homelessness in Chicago even more effectively. Learn more at allchicago.org.
The System Coordinator is a key member of the HMIS team, which provides oversight and technical support. HMIS is a federally mandated database that contains data on people experiencing homelessness and the services they receive. The primary responsibility of the System Coordinator is to support users of HMIS with their Helpdesk tickets, create and update HMIS documentation and assist with database administration. This position will work closely with the HMIS team to learn the system and support our collective goals. We strive for excellence in customer service and this position will play an integral role in ensuring users and agencies have a seamless experience with training, entering data, and accessing support through the Helpdesk.
Position responsibilities and work volume will be established and evaluated through ongoing supervision, annual reviews, and the development of an annual professional development plan.
Helpdesk and Technical Assistance (approximately 40% of the job)
- Respond effectively and professionally to inquiries, complaints, or concerns, as presented by staff, persons of lived experience, service providers, and other stakeholders.
- Maintain a high level of customer service when interacting with users.
- Proactively address system issues and raise concerns to management, as needed.
- Analyze and problem solve helpdesk issues with service providers.
- Maintain the system’s resource knowledge base and identify new resources that are needed.
- Become proficient in the Helpdesk software and identify areas for improvement.
Helpdesk Content Creation and Maintenance (approximately 40% of the job)
- Gain in-depth understanding of HMIS workflows and data standards through independent research and study, relevant workshops and interviewing.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager to understand communications and content needs to ensure users receive pertinent materials.
- Create clear and concise technical documentation on HMIS workflows as well as reporting expectations. Help determine what is the most appropriate media for content, which could be multimedia – using photographs, drawings, diagrams animation and charts that serves as aids to help increase userunderstanding.
- Gather feedback from users and key HMIS team members to improve communications and content.
- Revise documentation as new issues arise.
- Standardize content across HMIS communications.
System Administration & Support (approximately 15% of the job)
- Gain proficiency in basic database administration functions to support and maintain system set-up.
- Ensure service providers are in compliance with the HMIS agreements and execute the yearly renewal process.
- Assist with all related administrative tasks to help staff the necessary committees and user groups.
- Develop templates, take notes, create tools, assist with applications and other tasks as assigned.
- Schedule, plan meetings and appointments.
Other Tasks (approximately (5% of the position)
- Actively participate in monthly Staff and team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to preventing and ending homelessness in Chicago and
will have the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in either: Information Systems, Computing, Social Sciences orCommunications.
- Homelessness and housing, and Continuum of Care (CoC) experience a plus.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and design skills; ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner.
- Good understanding and competency in relational database management systems.
- Demonstrated talent and ability to learn new technologies and implement them successfully.
- Good working knowledge/skills with Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access.
- Knowledge using ServicePoint (an HMIS system) is highly preferred; Salesforce experience also a plus.
- Knowledge with help desk/ticketing software (ZenDesk) a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, professional presence, and ability to interact with a diverse audience.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours and to take on more responsibilities as assigned.
- A strong work ethic, integrity, and the highest ethical standards are expected.
- Ability to respond effectively and professionally to inquiries, complaints, or concerns, as presented by staff, consumers, service providers, and other stakeholders.
- Passion for inclusivity and diversity, and interest in being part of a multicultural team.
- Work place is a smoke- and drug-free environment.
- Intermittent travel to off-site locations required.
- Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use.
- This position requires attendance during regular business hours from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. Occasional night and weekend hours are required a few times a year.
- All Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ qualified individuals based on individual merit. All Chicago does not discriminate against any individual with respect to the terms and conditions of employment based on that individual’s race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, housing status, or any other non-merit factor protected under state, local or federal laws. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all personnel actions such as recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, training, transfer, termination, and opportunities for training. All Chicago is committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package (with some employee contributions) includes medical, dental, vision insurance, and disability. Employer-matched retirement plan. Generous paid leave.
Apply online with Cover Letter & Resume. Applications without a Cover Letter will not be considered. No phone calls, please.