For more than 60 years, Barton & Loguidice, D.P.C., has served the consulting engineering needs of municipal, industrial and institutional clients across the northeast. We are a growing multi-disciplined firm of professional engineers, environmental scientists, planners and landscape architects headquartered in Syracuse, NY, with branch offices throughout New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Connecticut and Maine. B&L specializes in transportation engineering, water supply, wastewater management, solid waste management, landscape architecture, environmental engineering, facilities engineering and asset management. B&L is proud to have a family oriented culture, focused on supporting innovation and staff growth to provide inspired solutions to meet our client’s needs.
We are on the lookout for a bright, motivated Intern to join our Solid Waste team at B&L's field office at Lycoming Landfill for the summer of 2024.
Assignment includes working at the Lycoming County Resources Recovery Services (LCRMS) Landfill assisting with multiple construction projects to be constructed during the Summer of 2023. Candidate will need to be available when the contractor is working on installation of landfill cover and water pipeline utility work.
- Document daily construction activities
- Prepare daily diary/inspection reports and weekly progress reports
- Measure quantities of materials used and work performed
- Prepare/assist in preparation of monthly payment requests
- Assist in coordination of utilities and survey
- Understand contract plans and specifications
- Assist in coordination between the owner and contractor(s)
- 1-2 years of relevant classes in the Engineering, Surveying, Construction, or Construction Management fields
- Strong desire to work outside
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Construction related experience is preferred but not required
Estimated Pay Range: $19-21/hour.
Actual compensation may vary based on related work experience, geographical location and market conditions, education/training, certifications, and other credentials, as well as applicable knowledge and skills.
Barton & Loguidice is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability or protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal law or Executive Orders.