About Us: Iowa City Hospice, part of the Iowa Care Community, is a community-based nonprofit that has provided end-of-life care to patients wherever they call home since 1983. Iowa Care Community provides foundational support for nonprofit home health care organizations, taking care of human resources, billing, marketing, fundraising and more. By providing these administrative services, Iowa Care Community allows clinical staff to focus on outstanding compassionate care for patients and caregivers.
About our Employment Opportunities: Iowa City Hospice is currently searching for dependable Full Time, Part Time and PRN compassionate, dedicated Home Health Aides. Our Aides have a passionate understanding for the hospice philosophy. They combine their patient centered care with interpersonal communication skills to maintain personal hygiene and increase patient comfort while supporting caregivers and families in physical and emotional situations.
About You: Are you dedicated to excellence, enjoy building lasting relationships, love helping to make a difference in the lives of others and looking for an agency who shares your core values? If you seek a mission centered, purpose driven career with a desire to serve others while working within an interdisciplinary professional team, we would love to talk with you about our open positions. Call Karen with any questions: 319-325-0319.
Our secret? We genuinely believe in our mission. We hire dedicated staff, compensate them well and then reward & recognize exceptional work within our team.
Our Team: understand the importance of meeting the needs of patients while helping them maintain a high quality of life in their home environment. Our Aides make a focused difference in the quality of life for patients & family members through providing personal care services to the terminally ill patient in the patient/family home.
Commitment to Growth and Opportunity: Part of our mission is to empower and equip our staff with the right tools and resources needed to provide extraordinary care with professionalism and integrity. You must be interested in advancing and developing your skills as a caregiver to advance to higher paying assignments.
Commitment to Diversity: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our agency. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm; we can talk about additional flexible schedules based on business needs.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Bi-Weekly Pay structure with competitive wages, annual pay for performance bonuses and merit incentives that reward and recognize a job well done
- Opportunity to be promoted as new responsibilities are mastered, assist with case managing or join our office staff team
- Full benefit package available the first of the month following employment; includes part time employees working 20+ schedule hours per week
- Company Car - includes all gas and maintenance
- I phone & I Pad to conduct daily business
- 19 days of accrued vacation in your first year (available to use as you accrue)
- 12 sick days accrued per year (available to use as you accrue)
- 8 holidays (our Aides do work one major holiday)
- 3 different Wellmark medical Plans to choose from (employer supplemented premiums)
- Blue Dental Plan
- Avesis Vision Plan
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Employer Paid Life Insurance (additional family life is available)
- Employer matching 403b Retirement Account includes professional financial advising
- 3 Aflac plans (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident)
- Medical/Child Care flex spending accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Overtime
- Paid Training
- Management Support
- Provide personal care and/or environmental assistance for the terminally ill patient. Bathing, toileting, skin or mouth care, shampooing, and observing medication regimen under the supervision of the nurse. Examples of environmental assistance include changing linens, preparing meals or assisting with personal laundry.
- Provide respite care in conjunction with provision of personal cares.
- Provide modeling of communication and physical care.
- Train patient and caregiver techniques of home and hospice care.
- Train and assist the patient in the proper use of assistive devises. Maintain contact with the nurse to assure that care and services are appropriate
- Maintain documentation of patient care activities.
- Ensure effective use of resources.
- Serve as an educational source to staff, care partners and community.
- Ensure implementation of strategic goals.
- Adhere to the practice of confidentiality regarding patients, families, staff and the organization.
- Participate in Iowa City Hospice’s success by ensuring access to our exceptional care.
- Support and promote Iowa City Hospice’s mission to lead in providing exceptional patient-centered end-of-life care and grief support to anyone affected by a terminal illness.
- Participate in the organization’s quality assessment and performance improvement program
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certified Nurse Aide 75 hour course with competency test or 60 hr. Home Care Aide/Homemaking training. If a candidate does not have the above CNA certification our agency will provide training.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing
- US work authorization (Required)
- Passionate about home care with a genuine desire to help others
- Reliable, professional and able to start soon after required background checks are completed
- 2 step TB testing is required.
- First Aid training
- Mandatory Reporter Training
- Iowa Driver License, Patient homes are located throughout agency territory (seven counties) with driving requirements that include in-town and highway driving during good and inclement weather.
- All offers of employment are conditioned upon the result of a criminal background check conducted by the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, as required by law and a negative finding on the Office of Inspector General’s Excluded Provider List.
- COVID-19 considerations: COVID 19 Vaccination or medical/religious exemption required; applicable infection control standards are applied company wide to assure a safer work environment.