We are looking for a dynamic freelance UI/UX designer who will be responsible for the user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design of our various digital assets. You will ensure that all elements of the online user experience are optimized for improved usability, usefulness, and visual design that meets our client’s brand standards and our definition of bold and evocative creative solutions.
The successful candidate will evidence a passion for delivering adaptive and creative solutions to UI/UX design problems by staying up to date with best practices and emerging trends in user experience design and user interface technology.
This position will collaborate with a team of strategists and designers to determine user interface needs for each project and deliver high-quality conceptual solutions. This position will also work closely with developers and other key stakeholders, ensuring the concepts are translated into functional web solutions.
UI UX Designer Responsibilities
- Investigating user experience design requirements for our suite of digital assets.
- Developing and conceptualizing a comprehensive UI/UX design strategy for the brand.
- Producing high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes.
- Designing UI elements and tools such as navigation menus, search boxes, tabs, and widgets for our digital assets.
- Testing UI elements such as CTAs, banners, page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links for landing pages.
- Collaborating with the marketing team, and internal and external designers to ensure the creation and delivery of tailored experiences for the digital user.
- Providing advice and guidance on the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities in order to analyze and predict user behavior.
- Adhering to style standards on typography and graphic design.
Personal Qualities for Success in this Job
- Hands-on experience designing web interfaces, wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity mock-ups
- Working knowledge about emerging user interface/interaction design standards and best practices
- Proficiency in creating designs for a responsive experience (mobile, tablet, and desktop concepts)
- Attention to detail and time management skills
- Accountability in ensuring brand and design standards is met on every project
- Working knowledge of design best practices for typography, color, and layout
- Ability to lead and/or participate in projects from the design phase through final testing and QA.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, as well as visually through concepts and prototypes)
- Creative problem-solving skills and good sense of humor & ability to stay calm and focused on crunch time
- A self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with development teams is desired.
A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years UI/UX design experience for digital products or services.
A portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for both web and mobile platforms.
Working knowledge of the following technologies and software: Sketch, InVision, Visio, HTML, CSS (SCSS), iOS, Android, Design Systems, and Adobe Creative Suite.
Xavier Creative House is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition. This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job and do not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.