To apply for this role, upload your (1) resume and (2) cover letter. The role will be filled as soon as we find the right candidate.
In 1990, a small group of dedicated volunteers with a desire to eliminate substandard housing in our community founded San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity. Thanks to our supporters, more than 200 local and international families have been able to build or repair their own homes here in Los Angeles’ San Gabriel Valley and beyond. Through the years, we have maintained our unrelenting determination to help families in need by offering a hand up, not a handout.
Through donations, shopping at our ReStores, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability, and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves.
724 E Huntington Drive, Monrovia, CA 91016
Director of Resource Development
$20.00 - $27.00 per hour DOQ
Health insurance, vision & dental insurance, life insurance, 403(b) company match, and paid time off
Have you seen a hero lately? We have—we work with them every day! Here at San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity, our donors are our heroes. Their financial support has helped countless local families in need build or repair a place to call home. Now, these families are thriving. They are healthier. Their children are twice as likely to attend college. And, they finally have enough money to save for the future. We credit all this to our amazing donors!
Essential Job Duties
- Coordinate all donor communications: thank you calls, cards, emails, letters; year-end giving statements, annual fundraising initiatives, direct marketing program
- Steward and grow our donor database through Faith base, organizations, schools, build days, and Builder's Club memberships.
- Oversee Builder's Club initiative
- Experience with RE-NXT reports, oversee data entry including DAL list
- Grow and oversee a portfolio of 25-50 new individuals per year
- Advocate for donor membership to include retaining and recruiting new members
- Maintain and expand relationships with community-based organizations to support fundraising efforts
- Collect collateral for all forms of individual and group giving initiatives
- Function as a key member of the Development team: collaborate with other team members, participate in staff meetings, and participate in shaping the department’s strategic direction that may include providing new ideas or initiatives for fundraising
- Oversee and work with direct mail house on appeals and mailings
- Other duties as assigned
Is committed to San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity’s mission to eliminate substandard housing and make affordable housing a matter of conscience and action
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year university or applicable experience
- Talented in establishing and growing strong professional relationships with donors that result in moving donors to higher level of giving while growing donations below $5,000
- Previous project management experience is a great plus-especially when prioritizing projects to achieve goals and self-effectiveness
- Previous experience working with Office Suite (word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Classy etc. ) and experience in data input
- Previous experience in analyzing data and entering donations from customer relations management (CRM) databases (preferably RE-NXT).
- Familiar with creating donor acknowledgement letters and in-kind asks
- Knowledgeable in software systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong working knowledge of Blackbaud Raisers Edge NXT database
- Known problem solving and analytical ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Very proficient creative writer
- Great listening skills
- Willingness to learn additional database systems
- Ability to be a strong relationship builder
- Able to adapt communication style to meet our donor's needs and personalities
SGV Habitat for Humanity actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications. SGV Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans, regardless of race, religion, age, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetics, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic. SGV Habitat for Humanity will not inquire about a job applicant's criminal conviction history prior to making a conditional offer of employment.