WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR AN ASSOCIATE FOR THE EXTERNAL AFFAIRS TEAM.
JOIN THE TEAM THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The External Affairs Associate helps the External Affairs Department handle community relations, outreach, communications, fundraising and special event coordination. Strong writing, research and organizational skills are required. Great opportunity to develop skills and experience working with multidisciplinary, mission-driven teams.
We are a community-minded, non-partisan health center located in Delaware. Since opening our doors in 1988, Westside has been driven by our mission to improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay. We believe our talented team of clinicians and support staff is vital to achieving our mission and serving our community.
With 240 team members, five health centers, and over 27,000 patients serving all of Delaware, Westside is committed to improving health, one patient, one family, one community at a time.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
- Assist with the implementation of fundraising events and activities, and manage donor database.
- Assist with and participate in community engagement and outreach initiatives, including coordinating activities, educating at events, resource management, and networking.
- Support Westside Family Healthcare’s communication plan by maintaining multiple electronic communication platforms with branded content, reaching internal and external audiences.
- Assist with activities related to health center advocacy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM OBJECTIVE QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates degree in public health, marketing, public affairs, fund development, communications or related discipline.
- Experience working with various electronic communication platforms, such as social media platforms and constant contact.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends, as needed.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record with the ability to travel among sites and off-site, as needed.