Explore a Career with Skillable. Make a difference every day.
Skillable is a 100% remote and virtual company. You will be expected to be a member of a highly talented and productive team, maintain a high degree of output and focus with minimal daily supervision, working on tasks assigned, while enjoying the benefits of a work from home organization.
To help drive team culture and good working relationships, Skillable leverages remote co-working sessions from time to time in different locations around the United States, where the team comes together to work and get to know each other better.
Become part of the Skillable team, where we want you to love your work !
The Platform Support Administrator is a vital role in the Technical Operations department and has a direct impact on the Skillable customer experience. The Platform Support Administrator is responsible for building and managing Skillable lab environments using Hyper-V, VMWare, and cloud platforms.
Skillable is a virtual company which engages in productive remote co-working sessions from time to time in different locations around the USA. You will be expected to be a member of a highly talented and productive team, maintain a high degree of output and focus with minimal daily supervision, working on tasks assigned, while enjoying the benefits of a work from home organization.
This position is completely remote; therefore, a qualifying candidate is expected to have a home workspace that includes a private, quiet area for meetings and conference calls and occasional travel (This may include travel outside the US).
Platform Support Administrator reports directly to the Support Operations Manager but will also receive job assignments from the Platform Support Lead.
1. Ability to effectively manage one's time in a remote work from home environment.
2. Ticket Management
a. Respond to and resolve tickets in a timely manner utilizing the Zendesk Support Software
b. Ensure tickets are tagged, triaged, and addressed appropriately, promptly and within SLA limits
c. Escalate issues as needed
d. Provide timely and excellent customer service
3. Content Provider Lab Management
a. Troubleshoot and escalate issues with labs to Content Provider contact
4. Platform Administration
a. Assist Platform Administrators as required
Collateral Job Duties
1. Lab Developer Assistance and Training
a. Assist clients who have lab developer seats in the Lab on Demand platform on how to build, manage, and troubleshoot their proprietary labs
b. Occasionally provide Lab on Demand lab developer training for an individual or group
a. Create and maintain content related documentation for both internal and external use
b. This may include both written guides and demo labs on best practices for lab development, internal errata, fixes for common issues, etc.
3. Assist with Event Preparation as needed
a. Assist with deployment of lab files for large scale events featuring Skillable hosted labs
4. Opportunities may involve travelling to provide on-site event assistance
1. Comfortable working from home and a self-motivator
2. Strong ability to troubleshoot and find solutions independently and within a team
3. Strong ability to exercise discretion
4. Ability to multi-task and prioritize
5. Clear and professional communication skills – both written and verbal
6. Broad technical knowledge of the configuration and management of Windows and Linux
1. Familiarity with major cloud provider platforms (Azure/AWS/Google)
2. Technology certifications (Windows Server, VMWare, Azure, AWS and Virtualization related especially)
3. Usage and understanding of the following Lab on Demand platform aspects:
a. Virtual environment set up and maintenance using Hyper-V, VMware, Azure, AWS
b. Content creation and management using Markdown
c. Understanding of virtual disk management
d. Understanding of virtual networking
1. Ability to frequently remain in a stationary position.
2. Ability to frequently communicate and exchange accurate information.
3. Ability to constantly operate equipment such as telephone, computers, etc.
4. Ability to move equipment over 5 lbs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a rewarding career, please take a moment to share your background with us by applying online. Skillable is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers full-time employees a robust benefit package, to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Healthcare Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Retirement Savings Plan (100% match of employee 401(k) contributions up to 3% of their compensation, then 50% matching contribution of next 2% of employee's compensation), Wellness Program and reimbursement, Travel Assistance Program, Short-term Disability, Life and AD&D, Accident Recovery, Employee Assistance Program, Long-term Disability, Critical Care, Cancer Care, Hospital Indemnity, Discount Program, Home Office/Communication Reimbursement, Generous Paid Time Off, Sick Time, Personal Time, 10 Company Recognized Holidays, 1 Floating Holiday, Employee Recognition Programs, Company Trips, and even Pet Insurance!