Are you a self-motivated and highly resourceful person who is capable of dominating the markets we serve? Do innovation, information, and teamwork excite you? Are you an avid learner who is always looking to improve?
TOK is seeking a talented Market Research Assistant who will be responsible for assisting the research department in conducting commercial real estate analysis and completing a variety of detail-oriented tasks to achieve successful day to day operations.
Who We Are:
- Locally and independently owned company founded in 1991.
- The leading commercial real estate firm in Idaho.
- Voted by our employees as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for eleven (11!) consecutive years. We encourage you to join our team and see why!
As a Market Research Assistant, a typical day includes performing these essential duties and responsibilities:
- Confirm accuracy of internal database on a regular basis.
- Run queries for available space and land, as well as for lease and sale comparable reports.
- Create and publish submarket reports, maps and aerials, as well as research graphs as needed.
- Assist with Broker Price Opinions and market presentations.
- Conduct field research by driving to various sites in the Boise MSA to gather information/photos.
- Work with out real estate agents, property managers, and corporate services department on various research tasks.
- Find ownership and contact information using various resources and record this information in TOK’s internal database.
- Create maps and aerials as needed.
- Maintain current rent roll information on managed properties.
- Email and call local real estate agents for updated information on listings.
- Utilize demographics software to conduct various site analyses.
- Use online resources to calculate traffic counts for marketing materials.
- Reliable and predictable attendance required.
- Other research duties as assigned by Management.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities needed to succeed:
- High School Diploma required. College degree, or the equivalent combination of education and experience, is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 2 year of experience in an office administrative role, or the equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, while demonstrating the ability to successfully manage time, communicate and stay organized.
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance required and reliable transportation required.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of basic office equipment (printer, scanner, computer & phone).
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required. Experience with Microsoft Access a plus.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate terminology a plus.
- Ability to consistently provide legendary customer service within professional relationships. Communication is always clear, concise and timely.
- A proven track record of being successful in both team based efforts as well as independent work. Ability to successfully work in a team is imperative.
- Ability to be resourceful and analytical is required.
- Ability to remain professional while occasionally working in stressful situations.
Essential physical abilities required:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time, occasionally move about the office to access necessary materials, and operate a computer and other office machinery.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients and team members, as well as be able to interpret instructions and exchange accurate information.
- Must have sufficient visual and mental perception, which allows the employee to comprehend written work requirements, and determine necessary actions required to meet the finished product standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 30 pounds and work in an office environment that may require walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and sitting for long periods of time.