JOB SUMMARY: The Waitstaff position performs table service for dining room and banquet/catering events. This position serves foods in a friendly, professional and efficient manner. In addition, the server position maintains proper sanitation guidelines and lends to the promotion of a professional atmosphere that would complement, meet and exceed customer needs. This position may/will be required to provide direct care or have access to resident property or belongings.
SALARY RANGE: $11.10-$12.75
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Understand the menu items and preparation methods.
• Perform pre-service checklist to ensure readiness to open.
• Take all food orders at table(s), assure accuracy.
• Deliver all food items to table.
• Follow up on all comments, corrections from customers to ensure positive outcomes.
• Clear all soiled items from table and re-set table.
• May deliver room service or patio home meals for residents.
• May attend resident association and food committee meetings for feedback.
• Attend all service staff meetings to address problems, concerns or plans.
• Read all literature, memos concerning changes or other necessary information.
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge of NYS DOH regulations on food operations and sanitation.
Demonstrated leadership, organizational and communication skills. Ability to represent the Episcopal Church Home and interact effectively with vendors and service contractors. Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors and the general public.
EDUCATION: Must possess high school diploma or equivalent with reading, comprehension and writing ability at 12th grade level or higher.
EXPERIENCE: Six months’ food service experience preferred.