Woodruff is looking for an account executive to join our account service team. The ideal candidate will be collaborative and forward thinking, have a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses, be buttoned up on every detail and decisive and accountable in their actions.
We need confidence, not cockiness; an entrepreneurial drive balanced with accountability. An active listener that can predict client needs, bring unexpected ideas to them and exceed their expectations, all while managing teams, budgets and timelines. You must be market savvy and have a thirst for knowing more. Same goes with your approach to marketing communications.
Bottom line, we are committed to delivering extraordinary outcomes and driving growth for our clients and each other. To be part of this mission, you must have 2-4 years of agency experience and a B.A. or B.S. degree.
This person could work out of the Kansas City, Columbia or Minneapolis office.
Woodruff is a team of transformational thinkers that exists to deliver extraordinary outcomes for each other and our clients.
The account service team is indispensable.
We listen intently, keep our minds open to new ideas and boldly welcome challenges with enthusiasm and flexibility — you never know where you’ll find fresh opportunity or a chance to experiment. We learn about our clients, their industries, goals, strengths and weaknesses, and work tenaciously to become valued partners they can count on. We trust in what we know and jump into the things we don’t with calculated courage and gusto. We have a thing for “figuring it out.”
At Woodruff, our account executives take active listening to the next level. Their abilities to be open-minded and forward thinking make them a valuable resource to both client and internal teams. Often the go-to team member on market knowledge and competitor intelligence, an account executive is comfortable with clients and peers alike. This combination of knowledge and accountability make them the heartbeat of the team.
Our account executives are collectors of information. They engage clients, gather facts and figures, seek out competitor intelligence and assemble an abundance of knowledge that their teams use to exceed expectations. They allow both client and agency to reap the benefits of their efforts to nurture unexpected points of view.
- Organizes projects and client information in a timely and logical manner and communicates clearly to internal teams and clients.
- Understands and follows Woodruff operational processes to ensure projects stay on track. Works closely with multiple internal teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and reflect Woodruff and client standards. Uses online project tracking software to communicate with internal teams.
- Participates in agency organic growth efforts by identifying and communicating new ideas to clients that will help them meet their objectives and grow their business.
- Develops documents that guide projects internally, including job input forms and creative briefs.
- Prepares input documents and participates in planning sessions and subsequent plan development activities as requested by team members.
- Tracks project scope and budget progress and maintains close communication with supervisor and client.
- Reviews and proofs media plans, and distributes insertion and materials due dates to internal teams.
- Proactively seeks out opportunities to contribute to agency efforts as requested, supports team members and grows business.
- Participates in agency projects as requested. Carries out action items assigned, follows through and reports on outcomes to supervisor or other project stakeholders.
- Adopts and demonstrates Woodruff’s brand, purpose, core value and leader behaviors daily by demonstrating them in all internal and external interactions. Builds and maintains relationships by collaborating with and trusting team members.
Client Relations & Business Growth:
- Builds strong, trusting relationships with client contacts.
- Proactively communicates with internal teams and clients regarding project expectations, deliverables, budget and status. Acts as the steward of the budget.
- Gains insights about clients’ business by researching their industries, competitors, technology, trends, etc. as requested by supervisor or other team members; shares this information clearly and concisely.
- Tracks client competitor activity, including media exposure and strategy, social media presence, content marketing efforts, online presence, new products and changes within competitors’ business and industry.
- Stays informed and up to date on industry trends and proactively shares relevant information with agency staff and clients.
- Develops documents, spreadsheets and presentations and enters information into a variety of formats such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Apps, Keynote, etc.
- Develops meeting agendas, attends meetings as requested by supervisor or other Woodruff staff, proactively takes notes and provides contact reports. Facilitates meetings when appropriate.
- Works with project management and production to develop project timelines to share with team members and client. Monitors timeline progress and proactively raises concerns.
- Drafts scope of work descriptions and helps provide accurate and detailed information to develop pricing.
- Manages status reports and leads status meetings with teams.
- Reviews billings and prepares explanations and recaps for clients.