Identify and build a community engagement strategy that connects The Cradle with community partners to develop and deepen organizational relationships. Manage and implement strategies that promote awareness and encourage engagement and aligns with The Cradle’s programming and mission. Assist the Director of Education and Engagement in the execution of all outreach activities and programming to leverage reciprocal community partnerships to ensue departmental goals are met.
Community Outreach and Programming (60%)
- Conduct grassroots outreach to identify, build, maintain and create growth opportunities with Illinois and Indiana-based community organizations, businesses, faith-based organizations, schools, and hospitals. Outreach includes but is not limited to: cold calls, plan, schedule and complete virtual and in-person meetings, and follow-up communications to create intentional relationships and promote understanding of The Cradle’s mission, services, and educational programming.
- Conduct evaluation activities, track collaborations and engagements with partners and potential partners. Input, track and maintain community contacts and accounts, and other information in the Salesforce database to ensure departmental accountability and work efficiency.
- Collaborate with Marketing Team to create social media strategies, marketing materials, email blasts, and communications to support, promote, and elevate community engagement events and initiatives.
- Research and profile local referral sources, community-related meetings, and opportunities for engagement. Participate in community roundtables/panels to build awareness of The Cradle.
- Provide educational presentations to community organizations and schools.
Hospital Outreach (25%)
- Develop and maintain regular communication with various hospitals, clinics and doctors’ offices in Illinois and Northwest Indiana to provide information about inclusive and ethical adoption practices to appropriate hospital staff (Social Workers, Nurse Case Managers, and Nurse Educators).
- Communicate with Expectant Parent counselors and Helpline around information learned via cold calling to hospitals.
- Work with Marketing and Expectant Parent services to develop marketing brochures to distribute to hospitals.
- Maintain updated hospital data in salesforce.com.
- Attend Adoption and Family Support (AFS) team meetings quarterly for updates and provide essential information learned through outreach.
Sayers Center for African American Adoption (15%)
- Host information meetings to recruit prospective African American families.
- Participate in African American targeted events, trade shows, adoption fairs and networking functions to promote adoption awareness in African American communities.
- Recruit families to serve as speakers and mentors for the Sayers Center Program.
- Conduct tours for perspective adoptive parents, organizations, and company staff members.
- Commitment to The Cradle’s mission and values.
- Direct client contact with proven track record in community engagement, prospecting and closing.
- Previous experience in successful strategic sales planning, execution, and analysis.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including the ability to manage multiple responsibilities, prioritize and delegate while delivering results.
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven results exceeding goals in a customer-centric, results-driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build solid relationships partnering and collaborating with cross-functional teams and external clients.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop and empower others to achieve objectives with a team approach.
- Display passion and drive to deliver positive and personal experiences to partners.
- Demonstrate initiative, a commitment to continuous learning, and the ability to adapt to changing demands and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (Required)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in community engagement, sales, marketing, or related field
- Database experience preferred. Salesforce experience a plus.
Working Conditions and Hours. (We are located at 2049 Ridge Avenue in Evanston.)
- Requires a valid driver’s license and insured personal vehicle for multiple site travel.
- Regular hours are M-F, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Occasional weekend, early morning or weekend hours required.
- Hybrid office hours – initially, minimum of 2 days per week onsite; 3 days remote. Subject to change as department needs change.
- Standing for extended periods of times
- Some heavy lifting may be required
- All staff must be fully vaccinated, have at least one booster shot, and be willing to provide evidence of vaccination status.
- All staff are required to undergo a background check, fingerprinting, and medical exam to meet DCFS requirements.