We build veterinary medicine around great people.
Partner Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Center (PVESC) is a women-founded, led, and owned business committed to reimagining a profession from the inside out. Our leadership team has a reputation for building and retaining happy and healthy teams and founded Partner Veterinary to give more professionals the optimal environment to do the job you love.
We are seeking a veterinary internist (board-certified or residency-trained) for each of our two new Emergency, Urgent Care, and Specialty hospitals; one located in Richmond, VA and the other in Frederick, MD. Both hospitals are opening the fall of 2023.
We are looking for team members who are eager to join our team and mission of reimagining and transforming the veterinary profession! Our internists are supported by and collaborate with each other as well as neurologists, surgeons, medical oncologists, cardiologists, urgent care and emergency/ICU doctors.
We cultivate the departments based on the interest and expertise of the professionals on our team.
- You will see a combination of stable appointments and hospitalized transfers for which your training best equips you to optimize a patient’s outcome.
- We offer unique administrative roles that enable you to practice at your highest level
- Scribes document UC/ER exams and facilitate discharging appointments
- Care Advocates perform client communications, review estimates, and grief discussions to promote continuity of care
We are seeking internists:
- Who support and prioritize patient care, self-care, and community care, as these do not have to be mutually exclusive.
- Are committed to collaboration with the emergency service and other specialty departments.
Our team member benefits and perks:
- Paid wellness week off prior to start date
- Paid time off
- Continuing education and professional expense allowance
- Continuing education PTO
- Annual scrub and lab coat allowance
- Contribution to health insurance
- Annual HRA Allowance
- Vision Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Company Paid Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
- Bring your pet to work during your shift
- Get complete role-specific training
- Clear and transparent career development path
Our 20,000 square foot reimagined building and team design includes:
- Conscious and deliberate building design layout that encourages interdepartmental communication and collaboration
- In-house lab equipment
- Digital radiology
- Digital cytology
- Emergency ultrasound
- Multi-parameter anesthetic monitoring equipment
- Ample and fluid and syringe pumps within each department
- Smartboard technology
- Integrated EMR and digital treatment sheet software
- GE 1.5 Tesla MRI
- GE 16 slice Helical CT Scanner
- C-arm fluoroscopy
With our team-centered approach, we recognize that every team member’s time is valuable and their skillset unique. Therefore, our shared goal is for ALL doctors in ALL departments to have the tools and support necessary to practice an excellent standard of care in their area of expertise and to have a work-life balance that lends itself to sustainability and happiness.
Partner Veterinary operates under the oversight of two Chief Medical Officers, Dr. Emma Evans – Boarded Criticalist and Dr. Anne Abernethy -ER Doctor, both of whom will be working clinical shifts alongside the team.
About our cities:
- Frederick, MD https://partnervesc.com/about-frederick/
- Richmond, VA https://partnervesc.com/about-richmond/
Partner’s core values:
- Community Care
Why Work for Partner Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Center (PVESC)
Our mission statement is our commitment to our team: “Doing our part to improve the veterinary landscape and pioneer a transformative approach to team health and happiness, creating a healing environment for ourselves and our partners, pet families, and patients.”
If you want to practice the highest standard of care with our skilled team, that supports an atmosphere of work life balance, we want to hear from you!
Apply by contacting Katie Brooks at email@example.com or applying through our careers page: https://partnervesc.com/careers/
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Professional demeanor and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Maryland or Virginia
- Board-certification or residency-training in internal medicine