About Fresh n' Lean
Fresh N Lean (FNL) is one of the top 4 players within the fast-growing Direct to Consumer (“DTC”) market for Ready-to-Eat (“RTE”) prepared meals. Founded in 2010 by a Forbes 30 Under 30 (2019), Fresh N Lean today generates over $100M of revenue by specializing in healthy, fresh meals made without preservatives, gluten, hormones or added sugar. As co-CEOs, founder Laureen Asseo and her brother Thomas Asseo are leading a talented team towards a healthy eating revolution.
Fresh N Lean is headquartered near Disneyland in Anaheim, CA with more than 500 employees and has grown year-on-year by 100% over the last 5 years. FNL calibrates its own offering to produce best-in-class quality RTE meals at a price point only slightly ahead of lower-quality, mass market competitors. The FNL brand leads the competition by focusing on high-quality ingredients, SKU variety and on-trend meal plans all supported by a commitment to manufacturing safety. With industry-leading manufacturing efficiencies and scalable production capacity, FNL is prepared to continue its impressive growth trajectory.
Fresh N Lean is looking to build the talent and capability of FNL’s organization to help fuel the brand’s next phase of explosive growth.
• 401(k) Matching
• Free Meals
• Employee Referral Program
Director of Manufacturing
The Manufacturing Production Scheduler assists the Director of Manufacturing, executive sous chef, and Production Manager in establishing long-range, weekly, and daily production schedules consistent with sales forecasts, on hand inventory levels, customer orders and plant capacity. The Production Scheduler plans the daily and weekly production work order execution, and monitors the availably of finished and materials inventories, tracks progress of production, and reviews factors which affect schedules. Strong collaboration with Supply Chain, Operations, Kitchen, Production, Fulfillment, and Quality, and SAP team.
All employees are responsible to follow all of Nutrition Corp. protocols of Food Safety.
• Review the suggested work orders from the SAP MRP, and schedule the work orders for the specific day of the week based on the production flow
• Monitor raw material supply and identify any inventory shortages based on the production schedule
• Identify resolve problems relating to on hand inventory and communicate shortages to supply chain
• Using Process Force, schedule work orders
• Review production workorder execution, review yield and confirm entry into SAP. This work order validation will require the validation of the issue of raw materials, labor, and machine time for the work order.
• Manipulate production work orders to align with equipment batch restrictions
• Update the daily production schedule, and work orders within SAP B1
• Report production /kitchen progress in SAP
• Measure performance against production plans and work orders
• Produce reports and KPI’s to track results
• Identify opportunities to utilize ERP data to improve operational efficiencies
1. Desire to grow and learn new skills
2. Positive attitude
3. Take responsibility
5. Control’s emotions
6. Effective communicator
7. Gives their absolute best
9. Team orientated
Office environment with occasional operational involvement into Food Manufacturing environment
Use of computer, keyboard, and monitor. Ability to stand, walk, sit in an office environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday – Friday.
Days and hours are subject to change depending on Company needs.
• 2+ years of hands-on experience Scheduling manufacturing work orders
• 2 + years of experience within the Food industry
• 1+ years ERP or MES systems like SAP B1, Sage 100, Infor Sytline or NetSuite, or Syncade with the Production, and Scheduling Modules
• Effective communication skills, as they will be working directly with business units.
• Proficiency with computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Authorized to work in the USA
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.