Alert Innovation is a growing start-up with a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics – and we’re off to a great start. We’ve partnered with world’s largest retailer to develop our Alphabot® technology, which will enable a new form of retail store. To succeed, we need to grow our team. We seek to hire exceptional people who love their work, want it to be meaningful and collaborative, and strive for excellence in a team-oriented culture.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including an equity stake in our growing company.
WHY A MANUFACTURING TEST ENGINEER?
Full Time, Exempt
Reporting to Manufacturing Engineering Lead
As a Manufacturing Test Engineer, you will develop test equipment requirements, design and oversee the development of ATE’s (Automated Test Equipment) and verify performance using gage R&R.
You will work closely with the mechanical, electrical, software and manufacturing engineering teams to plan and design the manufacturing test processes for Alert’s new and existing products to ensure a successful product launch. This position will perform the critical role of influencing new product design to ensure that it is optimized for manufacturing test and quality in addition to meeting all specified requirements. This position will also support deployed test equipment, fixtures and test processes by interfacing with our global supply chain and contract manufacturers.
Due to the fast-paced nature of the organization, the right candidate will possess the ability to work on many projects simultaneously, working with a large team comprised of our own engineers as well as our contract manufacturers. This position requires a motivated and enthusiastic individual who cares deeply about their own and their team’s work and can serve as a champion for our test processes.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Develop the Manufacturing Test systems for volume manufacturing.
- Optimize test requirements for new and unique products to achieve the lowest possible “defect escape rate” for the lowest integral test costs balancing test coverage requirements.
- Act as a project leader for manufacturing test; preparation of schedules, creation & implementation of test equipment and processes according to project requirements.
- Test development within NPI projects to ensure optimal test-coverage, programmability and adjustability by working closely with a cross functional R&D team and global manufacturers.
- Support product and process implementation/changes between global manufacturers, design and manufacturing engineering teams.
- Create test/programming equipment and test system documentation and maintain associated regulation compliance and controls.
- Capture and analyze product test yield data, driving continuous improvement in test equipment design, product design, manufacturing process and test.
- Manage new feature implementation across all test platforms and deployments.
- Establish validation plans, manage the execution and create the compliant validation records for test designs and test deployments.
- Research, evaluate, benchmark and recommend new technologies related to testing.
- Utilize Alert Innovation’s business systems to control bill of materials, manage engineering change orders, and interface to our supply chain process.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering and 5+ years of related test development experience in robotics and/or automation or equivalent.
- Experience developing, validating and deploying multiple product test systems for medium to high volume manufacturing.
- Experienced with, or educated in, design for manufacturing test.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 5+ years of experience with programming, debugging and testing in National Instruments LabVIEW, TestStand, Python (C++ or Visual Basic).
- 5+ years of experience working with DMMs, DAQ, oscilloscopes, power sources/loads, power meters, relays.
- 5+ years of experience with communication protocols like Ethernet, USB, SPI, I2C, UART, GPIO, RS232, RS485, CAN.
- Able to translate development needs into hardware and software system requirements.
- Skilled in extracting and manipulating data from databases.
- Experienced creating tests for digital electronic designs with hardware and software functions.
- Experienced conducting and participating in code and schematic reviews.
- Comfortable setting up and using lab equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.
- Familiar with common types of sensors, motors, and other common automation components expected to have a working understanding of how they work, and common failure modes.
- Able to read mechanical, electrical and controls diagrams.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, able to follow technical instructions and to assemble or test complex assemblies.
- Good hands-on debugging skills.
- Highly organized with strong interpersonal, project management and communication skills.
- Capable of working independently and cooperatively with internal departments, contract manufacturers, and external suppliers to develop and deliver solutions.
- Familiar with statistical process control principles, gage R&R measurement, and SPC tools.
TEAMING AND PERSONAL
- Energized, passionate and a problem solver who can set goals and priorities with personal commitment to deliver quality results.
- Self-motivating and capable of working without direction or supervision to achieve team goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and be able to communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Constructively support or lead project teams as the circumstances require or as assignment by team lead.
- Work successfully in a collaborative team environment.
- Constructively influence team decisions and product design requirements.
- Possess the additional skills of business acumen, basic team facilitation, assignment flexibility, independent thinking and responsibility for execution.
- Willing to travel 10% (global).
WHAT ARE OUR CORE VALUES?
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.