JOB SUMMARY: The Clinical Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Nurse Manager with unit organization and the clinical management of resident care. The Clinical Coordinator will collaborate with the Nurse Manager to establish and communicate goals with all staff, as well as monitor and measure outcomes.
SALARY RANGE: $27.30-$35.50 ***DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Be familiar with the Church Home mission statement and nursing department philosophy and goals.
• Be familiar with and able to interpret and enforce all policies and regulations.
• Consistently comply with established policies and procedures.
• Use the ANA standards of gerontology nursing practice as a framework for professional responsibilities.
• Develop and foster positive staff morale and teamwork and be a positive role model.
• Assist with implementation of administrative policies established by the Board of directors.
• Assist with assigning nursing staff members to resident care activities and other duties.
• Assist the Nurse Manager with supervision of professional and non-professional nursing staff.
• Provide input to Nurse Manager concerning employee performance.
• Make Nurse Manager aware of issues relating to nursing procedure and resident care on a timely basis.
• Assist with monthly staff meetings on unit.
• Assist with resolution of problems/issues with resident/family/staff relations at lowest level of management and keep written records.
• Assist with implementation of quality assurance programs and monitor completion of audits, as pertinent to each unit.
• Conduct unit activity in the absence of Nurse Manager, seek guidance as needed.
• Assess and identify resident needs and communicate to medical team, Nurse Manager and other disciplines as appropriate. Ensure follow up is complete.
• Prepare and participate in resident rounds with the medical team. Provide the medical team with orders for renewal and approval at specific times.
• Is responsible for the follow up of routine clinical care for residents.
• Assist with development, implementation and documentation of care plans and MDS.
• Responsible for ensuring skin team requirements are completed. Familiar with all components of the skin integrity policies and procedures.
• Notify responsible parties of change in resident condition in collaboration with Nurse Manager and social work department.
• Administer medications per medication policy and procedure.
• Order medications from the pharmacy per policy and procedure.
• In absence of the Nurse Manager attend interdisciplinary care planning committee, morning report and other designated meetings.
• Transcribe and implement orders per policy and procedure.
• Maintain resident’s immunization schedule per policy and procedure.
• Follow established documentation procedure.
• Familiar with documentation requirements specific to MDS.
• Monitor daily documentation of nursing staff members for accuracy and completion.
• Complete assessments within allotted timeframe.
• Update care plans, care card as needed.
• Assist the Nurse Manager with providing medical team with pertinent resident information via medical communication form as needed.
• Utilize supplies and staff time in a cost effective manner.
• Assist with unit orientation of new nursing staff.
• Assist with assessing skills and educational needs of staff and communicate with Nursing Education Coordinator and Nurse Manager.
• Collaborate with Nurse Manager to provide opportunities for staff to participate in actualizing goals and plans of nursing department.
• Report unsafe condition to security, maintenance as soon as possible.
• Document all incidents/accidents and follow through per policy/procedure.
• Familiar with established emergency procedures and staff incidents.
• Monitor staff for use of proper body mechanics in moving/transferring Residents and equipment.
• On call responsibility on a rotating basis per nursing department needs.
• Dress according to nursing department policy.
QUALIFICATIONS: Strong management skills – self-directed style. Knowledge of New York State regulatory process. Effective written and verbal communications. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Must have expertise, experience and effective social and communication skills. Need to be flexible and willing to adapt to change. Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors and the general public.
EDUCATION: Current RN licensure in New York State.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2 years clinical experience, preferably one in gerontology.