WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES!
JOIN A CARING, DEDICATED TEAM MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY!
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Patient Service Representative is responsible for the smooth administrative entry and exit of the patient and ensuring that Westside has all of the necessary information for follow-up contact and successful payment collection from third parties or program adjustments. She/he creates a welcoming atmosphere by greeting patients and visitors to our health centers by practicing patience and understanding towards everyone.
WORKING AT WESTSIDE MEANS WORKING IN A PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL HOME.
A Primary Care Medical Home is not a special building. It is a way to provide healthcare that puts the patient at the center of health care decision-making. As a community health center, Westside Family Healthcare provides care for everyone who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay, immigration or citizenship status, national origin, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
- Checks in patients (in person or via Curbside Check-In) in a timely and friendly manner
- Verify and update patient demographic and payer information in electronic medical record system
- Expedites patient processing by having them fill out forms or assisting them when needed and keeps providers, Nurses, Medical Assistants, and any other related staff abreast of scheduling, patient details, and potential service delays
- Collect and properly post all fees, payments, co-payments from patients and reconcile daily charges
- Assists uninsured patients in completing a Sliding Fee Scale application, Title X scales, and/or directs them to an Enrollment Specialist when necessary
- Assists patients with scheduling follow up appointments or moves existing appointments within the schedule as needed
- Assists patients with laboratory orders, signing patients in for lab work, verifying insurances, printing orders
- Demonstrates outstanding professional telephone management skills
- Assists patients who have disabilities to the extent to which they are trained to assist as needed
- Protects patients’ rights of confidentiality; mandatory familiarity with HIPAA
MINIMUM OBJECTIVE QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of work experience in customer service
- Experience using Microsoft Office software
- Bi-lingual Spanish