What We Do
Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco believes in the power of homeownership to create generational impact. To this end, we build homes for first-time homeowners and sustain homeownership by helping vulnerable homeowners retain their home as an asset for generations to come.
The Homeowner Support Manager plays a critical role in supporting current Habitat Greater San Francisco homeowners. You will be the primary point of contact for homeowners, training them to successfully maintain their own homes. The success of this position depends on your ability to impart construction/home repair expertise, effectively resolve conflicts, solve complex problems, form relationships, and work collaboratively with others.
Home Maintenance Support (40%)
- Establish and implement a program that empowers new homeowners to effectively maintain their homes by building alongside candidate households during sweat equity and conducting educational walkthroughs and trainings.
- Oversee completion of warranty requests in collaboration with Construction Department
- Empower homeowners to maintain their homes by providing technical guidance & referrals
- Refer homeowners to home repair/rehabilitation programs & services
- Manage post purchase home repair policy implementation
- Provide support to Homeowner’s Associations (HOA’s) in their selection of service providers
- Manage the renovation of previously built homes in collaboration with Construction Department
Communication & Relationship Building (40%)
- Establish & maintain open communication channels with 250+ Habitat homeowners & their families
- Serve as Habitat liaison to the HOA’s for our multi-family developments, participating in community meetings/events and connecting homeowners to other departments within the organization
- Oversee, develop content & maintain Communities (a Salesforce platform), as well as any other homeowner communication (e.g., quarterly newsletter and email)
- Coordinate and facilitate homeowner engagement opportunities
Compliance, Data Collection & Administrative (20%)
- Monitor and enforce all Habitat homeowner policies
- Maintain all homeowner files in hard copies and electronically via HomeKeeper/Salesforce (database system); includes entering sensitive and confidential information
- Support data collection efforts such as homeowner surveys, focus groups, pre/post surveys
- Experience working with diverse audiences
- Experience in construction, home repairs/rehabs & home maintenance
- Experience in homeownership, property management and/or rental services
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfort with conflict resolution, engaging in difficult conversations
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Suite
- Comfort with database entry, experience with Salesforce a plus
- Bilingual Cantonese/English or Spanish/English highly desirable
- Able to work nights/weekends as necessary
- Must be able to pass background check (In accordance with state and county law: convictions do not necessarily rule out employment, it depends on the nature and severity of the conviction and is evaluated on a case by case basis, check is conducted on last 7 years only.)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
This is a greatly active role. Movement related to home maintenance and repair work is required: good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina, and the ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds, go up and down stairs and ladders, and endure the full workday on one’s feet. Must be able to frequently communicate in English (verbal), including hazard communication, giving and receiving trainings, working as part of a team, and supporting volunteers. Must at all times be able to recognize and respond to potential hazards based on both visual and auditory warning systems. Must be able to travel within the tri-county area.
Compensation for this role is competitive, DOE. This full-time position offers health, dental and vision insurance, chiropractic/acupuncture, life insurance, long-term disability, employee assistance program (EAP), Flex Savings Account (FSA), 403b retirement account, commuter benefits, and 20 days paid time off, 3 sick days, and 12 paid holidays.