Northeast Cabinet & Countertop Distributor is a family-owned countertop shop continues to grow and looking for experienced solid surface and post form fabricators to join our team.
Are you looking for a change or new opportunity? Professional countertop and light millwork shop looking for experienced countertop fabricators to join our team. Responsibilities include understanding all drawings, raw materials, and fabrication techniques to build solid surface countertops. We also produce light millwork and cabinetry products.
This is your opportunity to work in a large open and clean shop environment, 10,000 SF with a fully enclosed dust collection system and use all company supplied and maintained industrial woodworking tools. The company has plenty of room for further growth opportunities with additional responsibilities and products to be made.
The Fabricator is responsible for starting countertop fabrication based on the drawing and work order assigned to them. Starting the countertop requires knowledge of the core material from exact measurements and specification. This includes any cutouts or other unique fabrication details that would be required before moving to the laminating or finishing step. The senior fabricator is the designated team lead for each work center and is responsible to oversee safe work center operations and answer basic questions from other fabricators as necessary.
- Read and understand countertop drawings, specifications and required dates
- Countertop fabrication including but not limited to core construction, miter angles, custom template transferring, custom millwork as required), custom edging and other related work.
- Adherence and enforcement of all company safety processes and requirements
- Clean and organize work center area on a daily basis for safety and efficient operations
- Inspect equipment and tooling (blades/bits) daily to ensure proper operation and maintenance and to advise shop manager on any replacements needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and understand all countertop drawings and fabrication standard markings
- Proficiency with all countertop fabricating tools and equipment
- Ability to comply with and enforce safety requirements and equipment maintenance schedules
- Ability to use basic material handling equipment
The Norfolk Companies consists of Norfolk Hardware and Home Center, Norfolk Kitchen and Bath, and Northeast Cabinet and Countertop Distributors. Norfolk Hardware and Home Center is a full-service hardware store and home center located in Boston.
Northeast Cabinet and Countertop Distributors is a manufacturing business specializing in the production of cabinets, countertops, and custom case work.
The Norfolk Companies was founded in 1934. We have been in business for over 85 years and continue to grow year after year. Come and be part of this fun, fast paced, family atmosphere.
The Norfolk Companies provide competitive benefits including medical & dental insurance, 401k with a generous company match, Paid Time Off, Holidays, uniforms, and voluntary vision, life & short-term disability insurance.