LOCATION: Milford, CT
At Boys & Girls Village, we understand that children and families are the cornerstones of our society. Since 1942, it has been our mission to preserve and strengthen family bonds. As a leader in services for troubled youth and their families, we continually strive to develop a seamless continuum of care. Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for children and their families. These services range from highly structured sub-acute services on campus to intensive intervention and care in the home and the community. Our broad range of programs and services are designed to work collaboratively with families, state and local agencies, and other community providers.
I. PROGRAM OVERVIEW:
The REGIONS residential program will provide a home-like environment with a therapeutic based milieu for JJ involved male adolescents with a rehabilitation and treatment focus. The program is designed to reduce risk and recidivism and will take the lead on assisting the adolescent, family and stakeholders with the youth’s transition plan back into the community.
II. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Clinician will conduct needs assessments, work with youth and family in developing plan of care and provide short-term, solution focused interventions. Responsible for synthesizing all information gathered into the assessment process, and conduct individual and family counseling.
III. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates and ensures implementation of all clinical services as indicated by clients’ individual plan of care.
• Provides assessments, individual and family counseling based on the Attachment, Regulation and Competency (ARC) principles.
• Provide treatment plan which includes evidence informed individual and group interventions for the adolescent and family to address the adolescent’s risk and needs and meet individual treatment goals.
• Assists Director in arranging admissions and discharges of clients
• Assists mentors regarding implementation of service plans
• Completes assessments, progress notes, service plans, and discharge summaries and other paperwork as assigned
• Responsible for synthesizing information gathered from intake, screenings and assessment tools such as the Juvenile Probation risk assessment tool (PrediCT), MAYSI-2 and C-SSRS.
• Gathers and completes all QI required measures, e.g., GAIN
• Participates in program trainings both internal and external as required
• Coordinates and attends all case conferences, family meetings and providers meetings.
• Follows all state, federal, and agency regulations in regards to documentation and billing
• Provides discharge planning, including referrals to community-based services
• Collaborates with DCF, schools, legal system, and other service providers as indicated
• Keeps Director and manager apprised of relevant case dynamics and risk factors
• Provides crisis intervention as needed
• Arranges flexible work schedule, including evening and weekends, in order to provide needed services to clients
• Provides after hours on call availability
• Carries out all additional assignments as directed.
IV. ESSENTIAL QUALCIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
• Master’s degree in Social Work or the equivalent, licensed
• Must be able to work within a multidisciplinary team setting
• Must fulfill competency-based training requirements in TCI
V. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor and or have experience treating adolescents with substance misuse disorders
• Prior experience working in group living program serving children is preferred
• Experience in delivery of individual and family counseling.
• Prior experience in working with children/adolescents involved with the juvenile justice system
• Bi-lingual candidates are preferred
VI. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
VII. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Must be in sufficient physical condition to participate in restraints
• Must be able to climb flights of stairs
VIII. WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
• Must be able to work flexible hours in order to meet the needs of the families being served
• Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented work environment we offer to current and prospective employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, a retirement plan and generous vacation benefits. In addition, it is our goal to assure that the highest quality of care is provided to our clients by our competent, committed employees. To that end, we encourage professional development through our tuition reimbursement program and promote continued growth through various learning opportunities.
Boys & Girls Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes on an ongoing basis. Due to the large volume of resumes that we receive, we kindly ask that you do not inquire via telephone about the status of your resume. You can be assured that if you do not hear from us, your resume will be held on file for future consideration.
Due to the Department of Children & Families regulations, we are prohibited from hiring anyone with a pending charges or convictions of assault or a violent crime; risk of injury to a minor; impairing the morals of a child; physical or sexual abuse, possession; use or sale of a controlled substance; similar crimes.