WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR AN ACCOUNTANT TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Accountant is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of all accounts payable invoices, bank deposits, general accounting, payroll, month-end closing, and grants management cost functions within the Accounting Department.
We are a community-minded, non-partisan health center located in Delaware. Since opening our doors in 1988, Westside has been driven by our mission to improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay. We believe our talented team of clinicians and support staff is vital to achieving our mission and serving our community.
With 240 team members, five health centers, and over 27,000 patients serving all of Delaware, Westside is committed to improving health, one patient, one family, one community at a time.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance.
Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
Core Responsibilities of Accountant:
- Accurately code and enter invoices according to company procedures.
- Receive, record and process cash, checks and vouchers.
- Process all accounts payable mail and emails.
- Resolve invoicing issues with vendors.
- Monitor accounts payable procedures by working closely with Accounting Supervisor/Director and Chief Financial Officer.
- Communicate with management about accounts payable problems.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using computers.
- Manage corporate credit card charge activity and payments.
- Prepare accurate reports from the General Ledger.
- Perform month end closing activities.
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial reports for the Board of Directors.
- Process biweekly payroll.
- Maintain and develop processes to ensure employees are paid accurately.
- Develop and maintain a cost accounting system in conjunction with grants management.
- Invoice and reconcile grants to the General Ledger
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- One to three years of accounting experience preferred
- Experience handling accounts payable, payroll and general ledger responsibilities