WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR CASE MANAGERS FOR OUR MIGRANT AND AGRICULTURAL WORKER PROGRAM!
JOIN A CARING, DEDICATED TEAM WHO HELPS PATIENTS AND FAMILIES GAIN ACCESS TO HEALTHCARE, AND NAVIGATE COMMUNITY SERVICES AND RESOURCES.
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker (MSAW) Case Manager engages in outreach efforts directed toward the migratory and seasonal agricultural worker populations to connect them with the services of Westside Family Healthcare and its collaborating partners. During the harvesting season, the MSAW Case Manager travels to farms, labor camps and other housing locations within Kent and Sussex Counties to address the health and social service needs of the migratory and seasonal agricultural workers, act as a liaison between them and social services agencies, and participate in health fairs as a lay health educator.
We are a community-minded, non-partisan health center located in Delaware. Since opening our doors in 1988, Westside has been driven by our mission to improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay. We believe our talented team of clinicians and support staff is vital to achieving our mission and serving our community.
With 240 team members, five health centers, and over 27,000 patients serving all of Delaware, Westside is committed to improving health, one patient, one family, one community at a time.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
- Maintain relationships with managers and crew leaders to gain access to migratory and seasonal agricultural workers and update crew, farm, agricultural worker housing maps and census data within the designated service areas
- Greet all agricultural workers and their family members in a friendly, courteous, helpful and professional manner
- Register all migratory and seasonal agricultural workers in the electronic medical system, update current patient demographic and insurance information as well as document all services via Social Services Encounters
- Collect payments and co-payments from patients, reconcile daily charges and payments according to route slips
- Refer uninsured patients to an Enrollment Specialist for assistance
- Utilize designated assessment tool for assessing the overall health and social service needs of agricultural workers and their family members
- Assist all migratory and seasonal agricultural workers who need help with completing an necessary paperwork
- Develop, organize, translate and produce culturally sensitive and competent health education materials needed for agricultural worker outreach and educational events geared towards the targeted population and participate in health education activities
- Travel to farms on a weekly basis to provide social service resources, health education enabling services and follow-up to migratory and seasonal agricultural workers
- Recruit health education class participants through agricultural worker community outreach
- Attend community meetings and participate in community events/fairs as a lay health educator as it relates to the MSAW Program
- Maintain records such as attendance and health education logs as required
- Drive the WFH van to transport patients safely to and from appointments
- Maintain basic life support certification
MINIMUM OBJECTIVE QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years of related experience, such as community services, the healthcare environment or social services work
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish, or English and another language spoken by migratory and seasonal agricultural workers working in Delaware
- Six months of experience using computers and Microsoft Office software
- Driver’s license and clean driving record
- Basic life support certification