SEK CPAs & Advisors is looking for a Senior Governmental Auditor to be a part of our Pennsylvania Audit Practice. Candidates for this opportunity would be considered for any of our Pennsylvania locations. If you are excited about a career in public accounting with a firm that values individual growth and work-life balance, SEK may be the fit you are looking for.
SEK CPAs & Advisors is a full-service accounting and consulting firm with offices in Carlisle, York, Hanover, Camp Hill and Chambersburg PA as well as Hagerstown, MD. The firm was founded in 1963 and has grown to be one of the top CPA firms in the Quad-State Region. Our professionals are recognized for their expertise in accounting, auditing, and tax functions. We have also established specialty areas such as business valuation, employee benefit planning and administration, estate planning and compliance, and small business consulting.
Our mission is to be committed to serving our clients by employing top professionals with a wealth of skills and knowledge. Why should you join SEK? Our firm offers team members an excellent career track along with a professional and growth-oriented work environment. We offer flexible schedules, study time, and reduced hours in the summer in order to support employee needs to balance their personal and work life. In addition, we strive to provide and maintain a positive work environment where each employee feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
The ideal Senior Governmental Auditor will be highly motivated with the desire to build relationships and provide superior client-service. Our audit professionals work in a variety of industries including governmental, nonprofit, manufacturing, construction, financial institutions, and employee benefit plans. However, we are looking for someone who would be interested in working with our governmental clients.
Senior Governmental Auditor Responsibilities Include:
- Performing diversified accounting and auditing assignments
- Participating in client meetings, presentation of deliverable, and proposal development
- Preparing clear and concise work papers and performing various procedures established under GAAP to verify accuracy and validity of client's financial matters
- Proactively interacting with key client management to gather information, resolving accounting/audit related issues, and making recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Planning and executing day-to-day activities of audit engagements for nonprofit, governmental and for-profit clients.
- Investing time in business development in order to develop external relationships that will lead to additional opportunities for the firm.
SEK CPAs & Advisors Benefits & Perks:
- 3+ weeks of PTO
- Flexible schedules (including half-day Fridays in the summer)
- Dress for your day policy (jeans included)
- Culture of growth and opportunity
- 401k profit sharing plan
- CPA Incentive Program (including study-time, exam material reimbursement, exam fee/application covered by the firm, CPA achievement bonus)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Individual Medical Insurance covered by SEK
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Active CPA license or desire to attain CPA license.
- 3+ years experience with a public accounting firm, specifically working with governmental audits.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills, including proficiency in US GAAP and GAAS.
- Ability to reason intelligently and use sound judgment.
- Professional demeanor towards duties and responsibilities, particularly with regard to independence, professional ethics, and the exercise of professional judgment.
- Leadership experience and desire to participate in leadership opportunities.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, project management, and communication skills.
EOE STATEMENT - We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.