The person in this position will be part of a team that provides outstanding experiences for individuals and groups to grow through the experience of adventure and aquatics programs. The lifeguard position, as a member of this Outdoor Ministries team, will primarily serve as a lifeguard and/or swim instructor in the aquatics program. They shall be knowledgeable and proficient and earned all required certifications to be a lifeguard and/or swim instructor. All team members are expected to maintain an environment of professionalism, safety and fun. This position may also support other aspects of the Outdoor Ministries team as trained and able. This position shall at all times work cooperatively with colleagues, guests and supervisors. Regular attendance is essential for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain an atmosphere of safety at the swimming pool by enforcing pool rules, providing patron surveillance and a readiness to respond to aquatics emergencies.
- Cleaning, maintaining and inspecting pool, deck and locker rooms by utilizing opening and closing checklists.
- Keep lifeguard certifications current.
- Assist in swimming lessons or swimming instructions as program needs arise.
Other Outdoor Ministries Duties
- Lead canoe sessions, enforce canoe rules, provide patron surveillance and keep equipment clean, maintained and orderly.
- Open and close mini golf course, ensure high level of customer service and maintain the facilities and equipment.
- Maintain, clean and provide high customer service in all other areas of recreational activities including the tennis courts, recreation fields and all recreational equipment available for guest use on grounds.
Warm Beach Camp Ministries exists to share the hope and love of Christ through camping ministries and experiences in the Pacific Northwest.
At Warm Beach Camp and Conference Center, our mission is to provide Christ-centered environments, experiences and resources to draw people to God through camping ministries, conferences and events.
This is a part-time, seasonal position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Timeliness, able to start and end shifts on time.
- Ability to use good judgement.
- Follow and provide clear written and oral instructions.
- Work collaboratively as a team.
- Maintain safety as top priority.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
None required other than certifications (see below)
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively with coworkers, supervisors, patrons and guests.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Lifeguard Certification First Aid, AED and CPR
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places. The employee is
occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This employee will be available to be cross-trained into other areas of the ministry as needs arise.