This is a highly visible and critical position at Commander, Naval Surface Forces Atlantic. The Senior Database Designer develops data base structures to facilitate the analysis of surface force development and force generation issues by applying detailed understanding of Microsoft Office products and a broad understanding of surface readiness issues.
- Experience in the United States Navy in an Engineering or Combat Systems department related billet at sea
- Five years’ experience in database design and management
- Five years’ experience in data analysis for complex projects
- Experience with analyzing specific metrics embedded within the PESTONI (Personnel, Equipment, Supply, Training, Ordnance, Infrastructure/Networks) pillars of analysis
- Ability to develop a comprehensive understanding of the Surface Force’s business practices, primary (organic)data sources, secondary (non-organic) data needs, data gaps, and organic analytic capabilities to inform the development of a meaningful data visualization tool suite and predictive modeling needs for decision-makers at all levels
- Highly proficient and experienced with Microsoft Office, especially with Access, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience creating executive-level briefs and reports
Bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university (a major in a Analytics or Computer related field is highly desired).
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
COVID-19 Requirements: All Prospective employees will be required to adhere to Prevailance’ s vaccination policy to ensure compliance with Executive Order 14042 Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. At present the Government has not established a date by which EO 14042 will be enforced.
Prevailance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. Prevailance, Inc. is VEVRAA Compliant.