About Central Bank Center:
Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky is fast becoming THE must play venue. Lexington is an active and thriving market that is craving an active and welcoming venue for events. The heart of any thriving community is its downtown—and Lexington Center and the historic Rupp Arena are truly the heart of downtown Lexington and one of the most widely-recognized entertainment venues in North America. The 20,000-seat arena, affectionately referred to by some as “the Cathedral of College Basketball” is home to the National Champion University of Kentucky men’s basketball program and has played host to some of the most talented and award-winning musicians/artists in the world including U2, Elton John, Justin Timberlake, Kenny Chesney, Taylor Swift, and many others.
Central Bank Center is our convention side, with over 99k sf of exhibition space, 24k sf each of meeting and ball room space, 50k of hospitality space, 10k sf of flexible space, and over 2500 covered and uncovered parking spaces.
Will have primary responsibility for assisting the Supervisor Grounds and Utilities in maintaining the grounds of the LCC complex, parking lots, providing grounds upkeep and snow removal from the adjacent sidewalks and park lots. Will also perform minor electrical/mechanical repair and assist with general upkeep and maintenance of the building.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for cut grass and edge sidewalks.
- Responsible for installing and trimming shrubs and trees.
- Responsible for maintaining weed control, mulching, laying sod, and flower maintenance.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs of lawn care and snow removal equipment.
- Responsible for shovel and snow removal from LCC complex sidewalks and parking lots.
- Maintain required keys and utility vehicles.
- Signs keys and vehicles in and out on the correct forms.
- Will provide physical and labor assistance to the HVAC department staff as needed.
- Will assist in installation and maintenance of building and security lights for Triangle Park and buildings throughout the complex.
- Will assist with daily housekeeping, cleaning and maintaining the shop, garage and parking areas.
- Maintain other areas of the complex as assigned.
- Performs other utility/grounds duties as assigned.
- Promote a safe and efficient work environment.
- Be available for event support, as needed.
- Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving, walking extensively throughout and around the building, park, and parking areas, working from various heights, around moderate to loud noises, and in all temperatures and in potential extreme weather conditions.
- Operate equipment such as light trucks, snowplows, salt equipment, boom lifts, and other light power-driven equipment.
- Other duties assigned including but not limited to assisting other departments as needed.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must be able to read and write and follow written and oral instructions.
- Knowledge of lawn care and snow removal procedures.
- Knowledge of lawn care and snow removal equipment and supplies.
- The ability to operate a forklift and other service vehicles (pick-up truck, van, etc.)
- Valid Driving License
- Requires a full range of body motions including seeing and hearing to normal range.
- Job requires routine/repetitive standing, walking, stooping, bending, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, speaking, hearing and visually checking work assignments in progress and those that have been completed.
- Occasionally must lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- May frequently work under stressful working conditions, irregular hours and tight time deadlines and extreme hot/cold/rainy weather conditions.
- Work is performed primarily out of doors with exposure to outside extreme weather conditions.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is routed in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.