Yellow Ambulance of Louisville is looking for someone to join our leadership team! We're looking for a full-time shift supervisor who will provide training, coaching, and guidance to crews. This person will be responsible for allocating all resources (personnel & equipment).
- Must be present at pre-shift meeting (shift ready), to coordinate and ensure employee/shift readiness
- Responsible for ensuring the shift is staffed appropriately including seeking replacement for call-offs and determining last run assignments
- Responds to emergencies and non-emergencies as assigned by dispatch or if needed by self-dispatch
- Investigates internal and external complaints, documenting findings and forwarding those cases that need further review per compliant procedure
- Conducts annual performance appraisals for assigned direct reports
- Conducts chart reviews and pre-hospital medical appraisals to ensure quality measures are met.
- Conducts remedial training, in conjunction with the training and QA department, as quality or operational deficiencies are identified.
- Ensures that employees are compliant with medical protocol and Standard Operating Procedures and provides coaching as needed; if disciplinary action is required, a written recommendation, with supporting documentation if available, is forwarded to the Operations Manager
- Monitors system performance and makes necessary adjustments to ensure key performance indicators are met
- Conducts new employee meeting’s to ensure readiness for autonomous practice
- Ensures all paper and electronic patient care reports, along with supporting documentation, are obtained / completed prior to an employee clocking out and leaving the worksite.
- Responsible for managing the performance of assigned direct reports; which includes attendance, number of calls per shift, and other agency specific key performance indicators.
- Maintains effective communication with dispatch
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace in accordance with all appropriate OSHA standards, company policies and local standard operating procedures.