Tufts Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts is seeking a competent, full-time Cytogenetic and Molecular Pathologist to join our team as the Director of Cytogenetics Laboratory. Applicants with Board Certification and applicable experience are encouraged to apply. Academic appointment with Tufts University School of Medicine will be commensurate with experience and academic track record.
How you’ll transform patient care:
- Serve as the director of the Cytogenetics Lab reviewing and reporting results from karyotype analysis and fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) analysis
- Establish a molecular lab to provide single gene testing, cancer gene test and constitutional arrays
- Review, interpret, and report the clinical significance of genomic variants
- Synthesize complex genomic mutational profiles and write and sign molecular genetic reports summarizing analyses, results, and conclusions
- Make clinical decisions and effectively communicate genetic information related to test results to health care professionals
- Interact collaboratively with other laboratory directors, laboratory staff, genetic counselors, and teams across the organization
- Lead new test development and validation
- Provide oversight for quality control and quality assurance as appropriate, including setting quality standards for new tests and procedures and participating in proficiency testing
- Comply with applicable federal, state, and local regulations and maintain familiarity with company SOPs and practices and applicable professional guidelines
- Keep current with medical knowledge as it relates to genetics and oncology and is able to use all relevant information resources to acquire and evaluate evidence-based information.
Who you are:
- PhD or MD with relevant molecular biology and/or genetics experience
- American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ABMGG) certification in Clinical Molecular Genetics and Cytogenetics
- 2+ years' post fellowship experience in a clinical laboratory
- Experience with review and reporting karyotype analyses of bone marrow aspirates for cancer diagnosis
- Experience with review and reporting of complex FISH analyses in cancer
- Experience with next-generation sequencing (NGS) technologies preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and to be meticulous
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic setting
- Proficiency in computing and internet skills, including use of in-house and online databases and browsers
Location: Tufts Medical Center, the principal teaching hospital for Tufts University School of Medicine in Downtown Boston.
Work, Live, and Grow: As an employee of Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization you will receive:
- Guaranteed Base Salary commensurate with academic rank and experience
- Academic Appointment through Tufts University School of Medicine
- Generous 401A retirement plan
- CME Funds and Time Away
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
- Robust Benefits Package
How to apply: Submit a CV and Cover Letter via the apply button located at the top of the listing. Should you have any questions regarding the position or any complications submitting an application with us, please feel free to reach out to Kathryn Kull, Senior Physician Recruiter at email@example.com.
Why Tufts Medicine: Tufts Medical Center is a proud member of Tufts Medicine. Tufts Medicine brings together providers and organizations with a shared vision of high-quality care delivered in the setting that serves our patients best. Together, Tufts Medicine brings together the strength of both academic medicine and community care.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.