The Direct Mail Account Coordinator position provides a wide variety of project management and support duties for the client service team. The DM Account Coordinator is responsible for directing, organizing, and controlling a wide variety of numerous and concurrent client projects, under the direction of the Account Lead.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative support and research to client service team
- Maintain client files
- Update client reports and other data entry as needed
- Assist Account Lead in developing client annual plans and budgets
- Perform weekly reporting
- Assist account teams with prep/set-up of client meetings and presentations
- Draft preliminary client budgets, strategies, list orders, and performance reviews.
- Create package specs and bid out client projects
- Verify costs and approve project invoices and budgets
- Track production schedule and deliverables
- Monitor client deliverables and proactively keep projects on schedule
- Proof copy and art for client projects
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly operates a computer and other office equipment and remains in a stationary position, often sitting (or standing if at a standing desk) for prolonged periods; communication is via email, chat, phone, video, and/or in-person with others inside and outside the agency in order to exchange information; repetitive motions may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers in order to operate computer equipment, copy machines, and printers. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- Minimum 2 years of experience required in the following areas: project management, fundraising, advocacy, nonprofit, production management, or similar
- Required experience & knowledge:
- Experience and comfort with working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Additional Preferred (but not required) Knowledge:
- Basic production knowledge
- Experience with nonprofit fundraising and/or advocacy
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent organizational and project/time management skills
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, resourcefulness, and high level of accuracy
- Top-notch customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure, establish work priorities, and multi-task
- Ability to work with short deadlines, and deliver on set milestones
- Ability to establish work priorities
- Ability to consider and evaluate problems and produce viable solutions
- Proactive problem solver and multi-tasker
- Interest in working as a member of a larger team and across multiple projects, clients, and social issues
- A shared commitment to approaching work with a lens of social justice, anti-racism, and anti-oppression
- Interest in progressive issues, including environmental protection and conservation, international aid and development, social justice, anti-racism and anti-oppression, women’s rights, LGBTQ+ issues, electoral politics, etc.
ABOUT COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
MWD is an employee-owned Benefit corporation. We seek to champion a rewarding work environment where all employee-owners can thrive, in part, through the equitable distribution of compensation and benefits, including:
- A starting salary range of between $50,000 - $56,000, with performance evaluations and review of salary at least annually
- Participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), which allows every employee-owner to share in the growth and prosperity of the company
- Employer-sponsored and paid core benefits: Health (multiple carrier options), Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Care, Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), employer-matching FSA dollars
- 35% employer share of cost for dependent health insurance
- Additional optional benefits with employee share of cost: Vision, Medical & Dependent Care FSA, Commuter benefits
- 401(k) with automatic employer-sponsored contributions equal to 3% (“automatic” means there is no match—MWD contributes regardless of employee’s deferrals, and there is no vesting period)
- Equalized annual profit sharing
- 13 company holidays, plus some holidays preceded by early release
- Vacation time – starting at 15 days per year (increases over tenure)
- Sick Leave – 1 day per month
- Personal time – 3 days per year
- Paid Parental Leave – starting at 15 days (increases over tenure)
- Philanthropic Fund – 3 paid days per year to volunteer, 2:1 corporate match for employee charitable contributions
- Access to industry conferences & professional development opportunities
In 1979, our founder, Mal Warwick, embarked on a mission to work with nonprofit causes, progressive candidates, and political committees who shared our commitment to social justice and environmental action. Over the past 40+ years, in partnership with our clients, we’ve worked to combat the climate crisis and sought to protect the natural environment; we’ve advanced the rights of women, the LGBTQ+ community and other communities who have been marginalized; we’ve fought racial injustice and discrimination; we’ve worked to improve healthcare and food security, fought the AIDS pandemic, advanced animal rights, promoted international development, elected progressive political leaders to office, and the list goes on.
MWD is a team of passionate do-gooders, collectively driven by a mission to help progressive organizations build the base for a better world. We activate our clients’ ambitious philanthropic visions through innovative fundraising strategies. And we are an agency of change-makers personally committed to environmental action, giving back within our communities, identifying and disrupting systems of racism and oppression, and maintaining a just and equitable workplace for our employee-owners.
Our Working Locations:
This is a full-time position working from one of the states in which we operate, including California, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington DC, and Washington state.
Our Commitment to Anti-Racism & Anti-Oppression:
Beyond being an equal opportunity employer, MWD is committed to being an anti-racist and anti-oppression organization and we have a zero-tolerance policy for racism, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and oppression of any kind. We are dedicated to the fulfillment of this commitment through our Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion initiatives that connect to every phase of the employee-owner lifecycle, starting with recruitment. We encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply for positions you believe align with your skill set and current and future interests. And we review applications based on agency need, position requirements, and candidate qualifications without elimination based on race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status. Read our full statement here.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
- Click the "Apply" button below to submit an application and resume.
- Let us know why you’d like to work at MWD and provide any additional information you want us to know about you and why you’re well qualified for the position.
Why do we collect anonymous demographic information when you apply? We believe diversity is key in the success of our mission—cross-culturally competent teams bring a variety of perspectives and strengthen our services. And we take responsibility for attracting and retaining a diverse pool of talent. But we can’t impact what we cannot measure, and we encourage you to self-identify when applying. While you’ll maintain personal anonymity when sharing demographic information, the aggregate data collected helps us better understand who we’re reaching now, and where we can improve.
Candidates can expect the following process:
- First-round screen via telephone
- Second-round interview via Zoom or Microsoft Teams
- Check-in call with H/R on salary & benefits, and to answer any questions you may have
- Completion of a brief practical, giving us an opportunity to see you in action and for you to experience a sampling of the day-to-day work of this role.
- Third-round panel-style interview via Zoom