A career at Galloway provides a unique opportunity to work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment. Our Full-Spectrum Approach™ to land development services offers all key design disciplines within one company, providing our team with a deeper understanding and appreciation for all aspects of the development process. From survey to land planning, civil engineering, and comprehensive architectural design, our team brings a multidisciplinary mindset to every project. We enjoy daily interaction and coordination among our internal teams, which allows us to build relationships and understand project approaches across disciplines.
“Positivity,” “community” and “collaboration” are a few of the most commonly used words to describe Galloway in our employee surveys, and we think those words truly describe the attributes of our team. We continually strive to provide an exceptional environment that fosters our purpose of “enriching people’s passions.” We are honored to be repeatedly recognized through numerous awards that include Top Workplace USA 2021 and 2022; Denver Post Top Workplace 2018 – 2022; Denver Business Journal Best Place to Work 2019 – 2022, Zweig Group Top Firm to Work For 2020 – 2022, and Zweig Group Hot Firm 2021.
We offer flexible work hours, a friendly and family-focused work environment, exciting projects, excellent compensation including cash bonuses, education assistance, mentorship program and a complete package of benefits. We also believe in giving back to our community through numerous outreach events and volunteer activities.
About the Position:
We are currently seeking an Intermediate Designer/Interior Designer to add to our Denver, CO team! Within the office located in the Denver Tech Center, the mid-level designer provides interior design services from concept through construction for our interior team's projects. This position will serve in the design phases of projects in a lead design role and will be responsible for updating, editing, and revising design elements during the construction phase of the project.
- The Intermediate Designer, while working with Junior Designer and under the supervision of a more senior Designer or Project Manager, the Intermediate Designer provides design support primarily in project administration, design development and contract documents
- ·At the direction of senior designers, completes technical drawings
- Works with design team to develop design ideas
- Provide preliminary review of engineering drawings to ensure they comply with design solution
- Assists senior designers in selecting fixtures and finishes
- Under supervision, develops preliminary space plans at a high level
- At direction of senior designers, may provide suggested details for interior design projects
- Researches and collects details for furniture and finish cost estimates
- Collaborate on projects with architectural team and act as a lien for interior’s team.
- Provide design concept and develop into the design through REVIT, sketch up, and / or sketches.
- Manage and lead Construction Documents production in REVIT.
- Lead design development, construction document and construction administration.
- Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas
- Perform quality control review of own work and work produced by others
- Self-monitor one’s schedule to produce a quality deliverable while meeting project deadlines
- Supports the team in collecting information for client assessment; may attend interviews, provide documentation support; developing skills working with Affinity program tool
- Communicate and interact with manufacturer representatives and project team members
- Pursuing or certified with NCIDQ certification or ARE.
- 4-8 years of interior design experience of varying project types; workplace, building amenities, or multi-family.
- Works well with interdisciplinary team.
- Knowledgeable with all phases of the design process
- Complete full CD sets in REVIT.
- Familiar with construction administration phase tasks including RFI, and Submittals.
- Strong communication skills
- Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators
- Familiar and research codes and verifies code compliance. Must be proficient in ADA and ANSI.
- Mentor junior designers
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in Interior Design from CIDA (Council of Interior Design Accreditation), accredited program, architecture from accredited school, or equivalent work experience.
- Typically, a minimum of 4 years of experience in the Interior Design field
- Is proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe software, Sketch up, and Bluebeam.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and problem solve.
- Ability to take initiative.
- High level of attention detail and organization skills
- Team player willing to jump in various phases of multiple projects.
- Be nimble and flexible.
- Must excel in working on all phases of design concept to completion.
- Work well under pressure.
- Organized and can prioritize tasks with multiple deadlines, then communicate to appropriate team members in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently.
The estimated starting salary pay range for this role is $55,000-$65,000
Health & Wellness
- Health Insurance – We offer comprehensive health-care benefits for individuals and families through Cigna Health Insurance, with the choice of two plan options.
- Dental Insurance – We cover 100% of the monthly dental insurance premium for a staff member and 50% of the premium for their family.
- Vision Insurance – We cover 100% of the monthly vision insurance premium for a staff member (family members can be added on for dollars a month).
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement – Galloway-supported assistance in offsetting costs of high-deductible healthcare plan option.
- Short and Long-Term Disability – We cover 100% of the long-term and short-term disability premium.
- Life Insurance – We cover 100% of the premium for a life insurance policy that is equal to the annual salary.
- Employee Assistance Program – Confidential guidance and resources for employees and immediate family members. Galloway covers 100% at no charge for the employee.
- ThrivePass Wellness Savings Account – Company-provided funds can be used for a wide variety of personal health and fitness-related reimbursements.
- Flex Spending Account
- Pay for Performance Bonuses
- 401(K) Plan – Additionally, we contribute a profit-sharing bonus to each individual’s plan, based on total compensation.
- Tuition Assistance
- Flexible Work Schedule - Includes opportunity to flex extra hours worked.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 8 Paid Holidays Per Year
- 8 Paid Volunteer Hours Every Year
- Identity Theft Protection – We cover 100% of the monthly premium for the employee and family plans can be added for dollars a month.
- Paid Parental Leave
- Anniversary Bonus Program Starts at 5 Years
Growth & Mentorship
- Structured Mentorship Program
- Annual Growth/Performance Reviews
- Diversity Groups – Check out the “About” section on our website to learn more about our diversity initiatives!
Galloway & Company, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.