A career at Galloway provides a unique opportunity to work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment. Our Full-Spectrum Approach™ to land development services offers all key design disciplines within one company, providing our team with a deeper understanding and appreciation for all aspects of the development process. From survey to land planning, civil engineering, and comprehensive architectural design, our team brings a multidisciplinary mindset to every project. We enjoy daily interaction and coordination among our internal teams, which allows us to build relationships and understand project approaches across disciplines.
“Positivity,” “community” and “collaboration” are a few of the most commonly used words to describe Galloway in our employee surveys, and we think those words truly describe the attributes of our team. We continually strive to provide an exceptional environment that fosters our purpose of “enriching people’s passions.” We are honored to be repeatedly recognized through numerous awards that include Top Workplace USA 2021 and 2022; Denver Post Top Workplace 2018 – 2022; Denver Business Journal Best Place to Work 2019 – 2022, Zweig Group Top Firm to Work For 2020 – 2022, and Zweig Group Hot Firm 2021.
We offer flexible work hours, a friendly and family-focused work environment, exciting projects, excellent compensation including cash bonuses, education assistance, and a complete package of benefits. We also believe in giving back to our community through numerous outreach events and volunteer activities.
About the Position
We are currently seeking a Survey CAD Technician to add to our team in Pleasant Grove, UT. This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled and passionate self-starter to work directly with local and national projects. The candidate will work in a highly collaborative interdisciplinary office environment.
The types of surveys regularly performed include Subdivision Platting, ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys, Topographical Surveys, Utility Locate Surveys, Legal and Exhibits for parcels and easements, Improvement Survey Plats, Land Survey Plats and Monumented Land Surveys. Applicant must have knowledge and experience in survey drafting and be able to complete the surveys in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019.
- Minimum 3 years of AutoCAD drafting for survey projects (required)
- LSI or similar (preferred)
- Experience processing field data thru Trimble Business Center or the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to assist survey team members with AutoCAD questions and training.
- Organization Skills and ability to multi-task with various projects thru the course of a day.
- General understanding of GPS, to include RTK with an onsite base station, RTK with network and static GPS
- Ability to complete and pass both a background check and drug screen
- Ability to QA/QC work and work with the project PM or PLS to complete
- Understands use of city/county/NGS control monuments
- Ability to work with other members of the team
- Ability to work within project budgets and deadlines
- 3D Laser Scan processing (preferred but not required)
- Photogrammetry processing (preferred but not required)
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D specific for Survey drafting
- Must be proficient and knowledgeable to create 3D surfaces from field points
- Firm understanding of Colorado requirements for each type of survey or ability to learn quickly
- Self-Starter with minimal supervision needed through the duration of the project.
The estimated starting hourly pay range for this role is $20.00-$35.00
Health & Wellness
- Health Insurance – We offer comprehensive health-care benefits for individuals and families through Cigna Health Insurance, with the choice of two plan options.
- Dental Insurance – We cover 100% of the monthly dental insurance premium for a staff member and 50% of the premium for their family.
- Vision Insurance – We cover 100% of the monthly vision insurance premium for a staff member (family members can be added on for dollars a month).
- Hearing Aids are covered at deductible/co-insurance for in-network plans.
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement – Galloway-supported assistance in offsetting costs of high-deductible healthcare plan option.
- Short and Long-Term Disability – We cover 100% of the long-term and short-term disability premium.
- Life Insurance – We cover 100% of the premium for a life insurance policy that is equal to the annual salary.
- Employee Assistance Program – Confidential guidance and resources for employees and immediate family members. Galloway covers 100% at no charge for the employee.
- ThrivePass Wellness Savings Account – Company-provided funds can be used for a wide variety of personal health and fitness-related reimbursements.
- Flex Spending Account
- Pay For Performance Bonuses
- 401(K) Plan – Additionally, we contribute a profit-sharing bonus to each individual’s plan, based on total compensation.
- Tuition Assistance
- Flexible Work Schedule - Includes opportunity to flex extra hours worked.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 8 Paid Holidays Per Year
- 8 Paid Volunteer Hours Every Year
- Identity Theft Protection – We cover 100% of the monthly premium for the employee and family plans can be added for dollars a month.
- Paid Parental Leave
- Anniversary Bonus Program Starts at 5 Years
Growth & Mentorship
- Structured Mentorship Program
- Annual Growth/Performance Reviews
- Diversity Groups – Check out the “About” section on our website to learn more about our diversity initiatives!
Galloway & Company, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.