WHO WE ARE
ABC Home & Commercial is a family owned and operated business, providing a fun, stable, and challenging environment to grow, learn, and serve in our community. We’re pleased to have a diverse group of employees and believe strongly in a work/life balance while building long-term, trusting relationships with our customers and employees. At ABC you’ll quickly learn what it’s like to become part of a team that believes in fulfilling commitments, serving others, supporting families, and building our community.
To learn more about ABC and to view a full list of our services, visit www.abchomeandcommercial.com
HOW YOU CAN HELP US
As ABC’s Drain Cleaner, you will service customers’ homes for various plumbing needs with professionalism and excellent customer service while performing high-quality services and/or repairs
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Accurately diagnose the cause of plumbing issues, recommend options for repair or replacement to customers, and complete all authorized service repairs after authorization is received.
- Work with inspectors, suppliers and co-workers to ensure correct project work, while abiding by all codes.
- Carry out general drain cleaning skills such as clearing lavatory, tub, shower, toilet, branch drain and mainline stoppages with traditional drain cleaning equipment as well as high pressure jetting equipment.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, dispatchers, CSRs and customers to ensure complete alignment at all times during the service repair or replacement process.
- Work with and train any helpers/apprentices which may be assigned to work with you.
- Be available to serve periodic on-call rotation assignments (per schedule approved by service manager) necessary to ensure 24/7/365 coverage for customers.
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times with customers, fellow employees and supervisors.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Hold current Texas Apprentice card with unrestricted drain cleaner endorsement.
- Must know and understand all applicable federal, state, and local codes and be able to apply them in a practical manner on each job.
- Completed specialized courses in residential and commercial plumbing practices and having a strong working knowledge of codes and safety measures.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- High proficiency with emailing, instant messaging and use of various electronic devices and applications for effective communication/information sharing.
- Ability to prioritize workload, work under pressure and handle irate customers and still maintain good composure.
- Dependable and self-motivated with desire to work year-round.
- Ability to work inside and/or outside for long periods of time, sometimes in extreme temperatures.
- Must maintain an active Driver’s License and be insurable.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid vacation and sick leave (PTO)
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Lead Now Program for all employees to increase earnings and pay
- Company clubs & committees, and company outings
- Paid trainings and development opportunities..
- Tuition reimbursement, License and C.E. fees
- Educational scholarships for employees and family members
- Wellness program, including gym membership
- Company vehicle with gas card (for service specialists)
- Ability to work from home a percentage of the time (office staff only)
ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify Program.