About Moody Center:
At Moody Center, we are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community, and business partners through world-class sports and entertainment. We believe our employees are our greatest assets. We will create a culture that empowers and inspires them to go above and beyond for our clients, patrons and community.
Moody Center is the newest arena in Austin, Texas and finally gave the “Live Music Capital of the World” the world-class arena it deserves. Moody Center is a premiere 15,000+ seat venue to host the biggest artists and acts on the planet. Designed specifically for concerts, the new arena replaced the 43 year-old Frank Erwin Center and will provide top-tier hospitality, artist amenities, and all of the benefits of a modern music venue. In addition, the facility will serve as the new home court of the University of Texas men’s and women’s basketball programs.
The Part Time Audio-Visual Engineer plays a key role in supporting and implementing AV technology, systems and processes that support the production environment at Moody Center. In this role, you will provide support for all presentation video, audio, digital media assets, IPTV and LED display technology during event and non-event times.
- Part-time position
- Shifts include nights, weekends, and holidays
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide audio/visual operational support for all Moody Center events.
- Gather, deliver, stage, set, operate, strike, and return all A/V equipment needed to successfully execute events occurring on Moody Center grounds.
- Effectively monitor and troubleshoot all audio and video signal flow from source to destination within Moody Center grounds.
- Provide repairs and preventative maintenance on AV equipment as needed with assistance where appropriate.
- Maintain, clean, and organize all event, service, and storage areas.
- Work side by side with third party AV vendors.
- Frequent bending, carrying, moving, climbing, working from various heights, lifting 15-50 pounds, sitting, exposure to moderate to loud noises, extensive walking through the building.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred, and 1-2 years of related AV experience required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in team environments.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Creative and proactive problem solver.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to properly roll cables.
- Strong work ethic and punctuality.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and select holidays in a seasonal capacity.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is routed in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.