YWCA Hartford Region is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. When joining YWCA Hartford Region you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to our belief that every woman, every girl and every child deserves the opportunity to shine at each stage of life.
Working closely with the HR Director, the Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for performing the day to day operations of human resources functions and duties. The HR Coordinator carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Recruitment and Onboarding, Payroll Administration and training, Benefit Administration, Unemployment and Workers Compensation.
- Recruiting and Onboarding: Create job postings, screen resumes, coordinate interviews, participate in interviews, perform reference checks, draft offer letters, and conduct post-offer background checks. Assists with new hire orientations and continues communication activities with each employee hired.
- Administers all employee benefits programs (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, COBRA, Workers Comp, Retirement); serves as liaison to insurance companies and acts as a resource directly to employees about benefits related questions and issues. Processes all enrollments, terminations and other changes and balances monthly bills.
- Assist in communicating policies to staff and managers by answering questions and guiding them to the appropriate tools such as policy manual, employee handbook, memo’s and staff meetings;
- Paylocity/Payroll: Train staff on timekeeping in Paylocity and provide support to employees when Paylocity issues arise. Provide continual attention to detail while processing and maintaining source documentation pertaining to hiring, onboarding, terminations, employee change status, compensation, benefits and other employee information required in the HRMS system.
- Human Resource Management System: Utilize all aspects of the HRMS; applicant tracking; onboarding; employee portal; payroll; reporting.
- Workers Compensation Reporting: report work-related injuries to workers’ compensation insurance carrier; coordinate related issues with Management
- Processes all activities related to terminations including unemployment
- Represent Human Resources in the Safety Committee; report on employee injuries for the quarter