Pay Range: $15.00 - $16.50/hr
Status: Seasonal-Hourly (Non-Exempt)
Food and Beverage employees at Arapahoe Basin are committed to creating “a day worth repeating” for our guests by ensuring legendary service and high-quality food throughout our F&B outlets.
The 6th Alley Bar & Grill is A-Basin’s primary table-service restaurant offering breakfast, lunch, après ski, and dinner service with a full bar menu and eclectic food options.
As the Host in the 6th Alley, you are responsible for coordinating the flow of the dining room to ensure each guest has the best experience possible.
This includes greeting and seating guests in a professional and friendly manner, maintaining an accurate waitlist, and generally supporting other 6th Alley team members.
A-Basin employees look to be thoughtful, creative, and energetic. We are known not only for our A-mazing skiing and riding, but also for our A-mazing Food and Beverage options.
Apply now and come join our Food and Beverage team!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time-off for all full-time employees
- A shift meal on each day working
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Welcome and seat guests in a timely fashion while providing excellent guest service
- Maintain the waitlist and accurately inform guests of wait times, while directing them to wait areas when necessary
- Work as part of a cohesive team and support the servers with any guest’s needs
- Maintain a sanitary restaurant including dining, serving, and waste areas throughout a shift and in accordance with daily/weekly checklists
- May be asked to fill waters, remove dirty dishes, and clean tables
- Complete opening and closing procedures (side work) according to manager's instruction
- Ensure all areas are stocked with supplies; notify manager of any product or equipment needs in accordance to F&B procedures
- Help out with any F&B roll as per manager's instruction
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 6 months of previous restaurant-specific experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to keep focus in a crowded setting
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to withstand high-altitude conditions at all times
- Ability to stand, walk, and navigate stairs throughout an 8-hour shift
- Ability to use full range of body motion and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, kneel, squat, crawl, push, pull, and throw
- Must be available weekends and holidays
- This position works in a table-service/restaurant environment with most time spent working indoors in a high-altitude environment. Some work outside in a cold and snowy environment is possible on any given day. Most work is performed in a highly trafficked area in view of guests. A very frequent amount of high-volume guest interaction is involved in this role.