CBU/Status: Union/Non Exempt
Last Revised: 2/23/2022
Sign On Bonus upon hire $500 and another $500 upon completion of 90 days.
OPEN DATE: IMMEDIATLY
TEAM MEMBER BENEFITS
- Compensation of $16.50 - $16.91 an hour
- Work / life integration
- Generous paid time off
(examples below for full-time employment) (part time employment, half of accrual of a full time)
- 12 accrued sick days per year
- 3 personal days
- Paid birthday off
- 8 paid holidays, including Juneteenth
- In addition to above paid holidays, paid week off between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Year 1 = 8 days
- Year 2 = 13 days
- Year 3 + = 20 days
- Access to alternative and flexible work schedules and personal leave, where possible
- Two-weeks fully paid Parental Leave, for eligible employees
- Time off for school conferences and activities as well as bereavement leave
- Professional Development
- Employer-sponsored learning and development programs
- Paid day off annually for personal professional development
- Tuition Assistance & Debt Relief Program, as budget allows
- DEI Council-sponsored education and engagement series
- Wellness support
- Employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Voluntary life and AD&D and shot and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, vision and dependent care
- 403b with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Yoga, Zumba and Book Club, when onsite
School-Age Specialist, who under the supervision of the School Age Site Director is responsible for implementing program and providing direct service to a designated special needs child in a comprehensive School Age Program. If such a need no longer exists to support special needs child, School Age Specialist will join School-Age Educators and provide direct services to all enrolled children in School Age program. The School-Age Specialist will work 4 hours a day during school days and 8 hours a day (full time) during summer/school vacation/holidays, contingent upon funding. The School-Age Specialist performs all duties of School Age Educator, in addition to specialized duties outlined below.
· Accompany child to the restroom every time they need to use it. Hand holding in the hallway is strongly encouraged.
· If child uses their diaper, change it, clean them, dry as much as possible, and put on a clean diaper
· If child uses the toilet, praise them, make sure they clean themselves, help them clean themselves, if they need it
· Wash hands with child, and ensure water is not too hot and does not become too hot
Play Time Needs:
· Play with child and/or supervise within a few feet of child to monitor by sight and sound.
· Encourage child to play with other children and encourage other children to play with the child to promote inclusive environment.
· Help child learn new games and how to play with new toys to support cognitive and motor skills development.
· Help child safely use the different apparatuses on the playground and gym.
· Prevent elopement by securing all doors, gates and entrance in all environments, including school and playground. Hand holding on the way to, from and within classrooms in the building, playground, and gym, is required
· When environment allows, reading material deemed appropriate to/with child
· Helping child to eat safely and with dignity. Hand holding to and from cafeteria is required
Field Trip Needs:
· Outdoor field trips need to be discussed with parents in advance to coordinate their approval and attendance, if necessary. Parental supervision is required for water field trips.
· Indoor field trips follow
Other duties as assigned relative to scope of position.
Qualifications and Requirements:·
This position requires either 45 hours of college courses with at least 6 hours in child development or related field OR 30 hours of college courses with 9 hours in child development/related field plus at least 1560 clock hours verifiable of experience in working with children; Associate’s Degree preferred. Resumes will not be reviewed if candidate does not meet this requirement.
· Bicultural/Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
· Physical constraints required include lifting and carrying children and other items weighing up to 50 pounds.· Demonstrates the following qualities: self-motivated, self-directed, follows directions, makes good judgments, creative, reliable, and dependable.
· Exhibits sincere interest in working with children and is knowledgeable regarding children’s development and growth.
· Documentation of eligibility to work in the U.S.
· Ability to respond immediately to any emergency situation Erie Neighborhood House is dedicated to creating a workforce that promotes and supports diversity and inclusion. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals without discrimination. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. -
Your company hereby certifies that all vendor employees with regular direct contact with Chicago Public Schools students, and all vendor employees who are subject to a Chicago Public Schools background check, to be fully vaccinated no later than October 15, 2021 unless they have received a medical or religious exemption from their employer consistent with legal standards. Your company also certifies that it will ensure that all employees with a medical or religious exemption will be tested weekly throughout the school year
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE!
MUST BE A MEMBER OF AFSCME OR JOIN AFTER 30 DAYS
ERIE NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ACCREDITED BY NAEYC & NATIONAL AFTER SCHOOL ASSOCIATION
RECOGNIZED BY DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE;
UNITED WAY MEMBER