Connect for Health has a great opportunity for a Lead Software Developer.
Connect for Health Colorado is a public, non-profit entity established by the Colorado General Assembly in 2011 to create a health insurance Marketplace. Since 2013, we’ve been helping individuals, families and small employers compare plans, apply for financial help, and buy health insurance. As Colorado’s official health insurance marketplace, we are the only place to apply for financial help to lower the monthly cost of premiums. Customers can shop online; get help by phone or online chat from Customer Service Center representatives; and access expert help from a statewide network of certified Brokers and community-based Assisters. Our mission is to increase access, affordability, and choice for individuals and small employers purchasing health insurance in Colorado. For more information: ConnectforHealthCO.com
We are seeking an experienced “hands on” Lead Software Developer to help guide and lead a team of application developers as we build Software-as-a Service (SaaS) components in our state-of-the art, high-availability, containerized cloud. The Lead Software Developer performs software engineering activities in all layers of the stack, from the database to back-end development to the front-end user interface. This position works on new or modified products and leads technical efforts to improve operational results, user experience, and organizational effectiveness. Additionally, responsibilities include designing application architecture and standards, collaborating with technical, marketing and product specialists, and developing proof-of-concept prototypes.
- Apply your advanced knowledge of software development to manage software development tasks associated with designing, developing, and troubleshooting software applications, operating systems and databases according to design specifications.
- Lead high caliber Agile Scrum developers by mentoring and coaching. Lead by example doing hands-on platform, back-end, and front-end development.
- Deliver technical solutions and estimates based on requirements of product team. Actively participate with agile team to identify non-functional requirements to support product roadmap.
- Identify best practices for technical implementation and coding standards and work with team to document and implement standards.
- Develop new or existing software applications of moderate to high complexity and scope.
- Investigate and propose new ideas, frameworks, technologies, or processes. Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of requirements/constraints to determine the best course of action.
- Collaborate with development teams and project leadership to define/refine scope, working closely with Product Managers, Scrum Masters, and client stakeholders.
- Contribute to our internal knowledge base.
- Participates in the onboarding and growth of talented software developers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics or a directly related field and/or equivalent years of work experience.
- 6+ years of senior-level/lead experience in application and software systems development.
- Strong SQL skills (SQL development experience a plus), familiarity with Stored Procedures (PL/SQL), and excellent data analysis and quantitate skills.
- Strong knowledge of full stack development and proficiency in Java, Spring/Spring Boot, JUnit, Mockito, RESTful APIs, Swagger, and Angular.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with cloud-based architecture and application development.
- Experience with developing solutions that take advantage of AWS/Cloud platform services.
- Experience working with Agile Scrum teams required, DevSecOps preferred.
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, and SonarQube preferred,
- Experience with environment management/orchestration systems. i.e., Kubernetes, Docker-based applications.
- Experience with architecting and developing scalable applications with zero downtime deployments.
- Strong knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools for QA testing procedures.
- Experience working with Infrastructure and security as code.
- Experience giving and receiving feedback from your teammates and others in the organization.
- Familiarity with affordable care act (ACA), health care and/or insurance industries preferred.
- Currently working remotely
- The Connect for Health Colorado office is in the North Tech Center area of Denver, near the intersection of I-25 and I-225
- Work schedule may include some non-traditional hours, weekends, and evening events.
- Core office hours, typically 8am-5pm with some flexibility
Connect for Health Colorado offers a competitive benefits package. Using Connect for Health Colorado’s annual benefits allowance, employees may elect from various benefit offerings and tailor a package to best suit their individual needs. Connect for Health Colorado employees are eligible to participate in the organization’s 403(b) plan and are additionally provided with paid time off, short- and long-term disability and life insurance.
Salary range for this position is $104,200 - $139,000.
Please apply on our Career page at http://bit.ly/C4hcoHiring
Connect for Health Colorado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Connect for Health Colorado may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on any workforce member and/or require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment