We pride ourselves on creating environments that effectively serve patients and the staff dedicated to their care and we're looking for an experienced Healthcare Project Manager who feels the same. Findorff has completed over $200 million in healthcare projects over the last three years and we're the only Wisconsin company to be ranked in the TOP 15 General Contractors by Modern Healthcare! Learn more here
Day in the Life of a Findorff Project Manager: A project manager at Findorff oversees several projects of varying size and scope at any one time. Primary responsibilities include day-to-day oversight of all construction management efforts, from preconstruction through project closeout. As part of this role, a successful project manager is well rounded in the areas of budgeting, field operations, safety, quality control, and scheduling.
- Prepare, distribute, and track RFIs
- Distribute and track construction bulletins, RFPs, or other change documentation
- Post addenda or other changes to plans and specifications
- In collaboration with a Superintendent, create and update detailed project schedules, plus keep project stakeholders informed throughout all construction phases as work progress
- Manage closeout activities, including the distribution and tracking of punch lists, change orders, contracts, permits, and owner occupancy details
- Facilitate effective project meetings, plus prepare, and distribute agendas and meeting notes
- Proactively manage procurement logs and submittal processes
- Review shop drawings and samples
- Schedule, prepare, and facilitate meetings
- Incorporate virtual construction/BIM with projects
- Prepare and manage contracts, permits, and approvals
Candidates should have at least five to eight years of experience managing construction projects exceeding $5 million. They should also possess a broad knowledge of building systems and construction methods, plus understand the complexities and sequences of all construction activities. It is also necessary that applicants possess a knowledge of construction law, contract terms, dispute resolution, and risk management.
As part of a project manager's skillset, Findorff also emphasizes the importance of:
- Communicating in a confident, articulate, and professional manner with team members, industry partners, and clients
- Demonstrating strong financial management skills and the ability to independently manage all aspects of a project from start to finish
- Showcasing leadership and the ability to work with a team, as well as independently
Findorff is seeking candidates with bachelor's degrees in construction management, engineering, architecture, finance, or related fields. Applicants with relevant certifications or equivalent experience will also be considered.
Findorff recognizes the talents of all, appreciating the different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives that make us a stronger company and partner for the communities we serve.