Role Overview: A Mid-Level Environmental Engineer’s main role is to oversee high-priority projects in collaboration with a Business Unit Leader. The responsibility of this role is to take projects from original concept/proposal phase through final implementation and closure. This position interfaces with all areas involved in the project, including clients, other stakeholders, and vendors.
Responsibilities: (The following is a list of responsibilities of this position, but is not intended to cover all duties that this position may be required to perform from time to time.)
- Key functions include being a leader in client management, project management, and some task execution on environmental design and engineering assignments.
- Responsible for assembling the project team, assigning individual responsibilities of the team members, and identifying appropriate resources needed.
- Responsible for developing the project schedule to ensure timely completion of the project.
- Responsible for reviewing project deliverables to ensure adherence to quality standards.
- Effectively communicate with the client’s primary contact (client manager or other as designated).
- Prepare proposal and project change requests (PCRs) with assistance from other team members as needed.
- Review proposals and PCRs prior to submittal to clients.
- Review and approve monthly invoicing with appropriate support as needed.
- Responsible for profitability of project/phase(s), adherence to project schedule, and quality of work product.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external clients.
- Provide accurate, detailed and high-quality work products.
- Comply with all current policies and procedures of SynTerra.
- Comply with all Health and Safety training in order to maintain a safe working environment.
- Full-Time employees: Available to work 40 hours per week, plus additional hours as needed to meet project deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned by the Business Unit Leader or his/her designee.
Minimum Skills/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical or environmental engineering.
- Professional license designation as appropriate for field is required. P.E. preferred or E.I.T with ability to become a P.E. within six months of hire.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation desired.
- Minimum of six (6) years of relevant industry experience is required. Four (4) years of previous experience with project management is required.
- Ability to understand regulations and counsel clients on options to conform to regulatory requirements.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following areas: Air emissions inventory/calculations; Tier II and TRI reporting; SPCC and SWPPP; RCRA regulations; wastewater treatment design; stormwater permitting and stormwater control design.
- Software proficiency (including but not limited to): ERP systems, CRM systems, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- 40 hr. OSHA HAZWOPER trained preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for all levels of technical understanding.
- Excellent math skills required.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- The Project Manager must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time paying close attention to detail.
- The Project Manager’s work environment involves work both indoors and in outdoor settings. Work environments range from climate controlled office space to areas where dust, noise, and outdoor weather conditions may be present.
- May sit or stand for several hours at a time and climb inclines (terrains, ladders, etc.).
- The Project Manager must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel throughout client service area is required as needed.