Not many companies in today’s world have a 95% retention rate of associates like Indiana Farmers Insurance. We value and retain our associates through a combination of interesting work, great co-workers, and a top-notch total rewards package. We are a financially strong mutual insurance company that values making smart decisions and implementing them sensibly. We also value having a good balance between our work and personal lives. All these factors combined mean a positive and stable workplace for our associates and excellent service for our members!
We are currently looking for a Chief Enterprise Architect to join our Information Technology Team. This position is responsible for leading efforts focused on identifying and assessing opportunities to enhance and enable critical business capabilities as well as leveraging innovative technology tools and solutions. The right candidate will ensure that these solutions are effectively integrated into the overall business and technology architecture for the enterprise and have a defined business value and purpose associated with them. The Chief Enterprise Architect’s key functional responsibilities include evaluating the Insurtech ecosystem, aligning business and technology strategies, defining and aligning business and technology architecture, leveraging Agile and Scrum practices to implement prototypes quickly, along with developing strong relationships with internal and external business partners. You will be part of a team that implements system and process enhancements in support of Indiana Farmers Insurance’s vision.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the alignment between business and technology architecture
- Working with technology and business stakeholders to establish a target state for systems and capabilities over a year to multi-year horizon
- Developing market intelligence and conducting competitive landscape analyses, serving as an expert on market innovation and insurance carrier technology trends
- Responsible for developing knowledge of new technologies being developed / brought to market in the Insurtech ecosystem
- Establishing a common integration framework and API standards that enable scalable, easy integration with third party information providers
- Responsible for researching, evaluating, conducting proofs of concept, and making a recommendation related to adopting new technologies within the organization
- Partnering with Indiana Farmers business leaders to identify process optimization opportunities leveraging reengineering, digitization, and/or automation
- Cross-pollinate learnings, best practices, and insights to drive continuous improvement across the organization
- Providing thoughtful technical analysis on various business concepts under development, including opportunities to build, buy, and/or invest
Important skills and abilities include:
- Strong interpersonal skills required for effective communication at the staff, peer, and executive levels of the organization, along with vendors and other contacts while managing a project
- Proven experience in managing multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Must be able to work in a dynamic environment and have the capability to manage and change priorities as needed to accomplish company objectives
- Degree in computer technology or business-related field
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategically and influence senior leaders towards transformation ideas
- Possesses knowledge and experience in property and casualty insurance business value streams/capabilities (i.e. independent agent distribution, underwriting, pricing, etc.)
- Experience aligning technology and business strategies to maximize technology investments while achieving desired business outcomes
- Proven experience in leveraging critical thinking, problem solving, and data analysis to optimize processes through experimentation, innovation, and driving change
- Experience in deploying digital and automation technologies using Agile practices
- Certification as a Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt or equivalent experience highly desirable
Why work for Indiana Farmers Insurance?
- 95% retention of its associates over the last 5 years
- Financially stable as shown by our A (Excellent) rating by AM Best
- Truly customer focused
- A strong legacy of excellent performance throughout our 145 years in business!
Our Total Rewards Package includes a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Excellent health, dental, vision and life Insurance plans are provided free of charge to associates.
- We promote from within our diverse workforce regularly and offer regular opportunities to learn and grow.
- We offer an exceptional 401(k) Plan with a 2% match plus an 11% company contribution.
- An above average Paid Time Off bank of days as well as paid holidays are standard.
- We offer a paid Day of Service to serve others at your favorite charitable organization.
- Matching funds of up to $100 annually are available from the company for your favorite charitable organization.
- Associate recognition awards, fun gatherings, and opportunities to make friends are part of our culture.
- An on-site fitness center, as well as free and convenient parking right next to our building make life easier
For more information about Indiana Farmers, please go to https://insurance.indianafarmers.com/about-us.
Indiana Farmers Insurance is an equal opportunity employer!