U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting athletes, and serving fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
Managing competition-related roles performed by U.S. Soccer as the sport’s National Governing Body, the Competition staff oversee sanctioning of International Games and the administration of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, U.S. Soccer’s National Championship. Reporting to the Director of Competitions, the Competition Manager interfaces with a wide range of business contacts including FIFA and Concacaf, other FIFA Member Associations, Match Agents and Promoters, professional leagues and teams, and the Open Division adult teams that enter the U.S. Open Cup.
- International Games Sanctioning
· Review applications and required paperwork
· Prepare match agreements
· Coordinate all financial aspects of International Matches including the collection of all fees and bonds
· Coordinate the referee assignments for each match with the Referee Department and communicate/facilitate information with each match agent/promoter
· Manage payment process and logistics for referee crews
· Track the status of all matches including paperwork and payments and communicate with the Finance Department regarding accounts receivable and payable
· Maintain a list of promoters in good standing
· Assist with the submission of all pre- and post-match reporting requirements
o Manage and develop software solutions to process and track documents and payments.
o Manage the International Games documents required by FIFA and Concacaf for professional teams traveling to play international matches.
o Be an expert on and comply with all FIFA and Concacaf regulations and processes governing International Games
o Serve as U.S. Soccer’s primary point of contact and lead all communication relating to International Games with Concacaf, FIFA and match promoters.
- Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup
o Manage the daily administration and organization for U.S. Soccer’s annual national championship for member club teams, including:
· Vetting team & roster eligibility
· Communicating with participating teams and collecting required information
· Communicating match schedules with Referee Department
· Collecting and recording relevant reports from match commissioners and referees
· Approving travel budgets and processing reimbursement requests
o Work with internal function areas and external partners to ensure successful tournament operations
o Be an expert on the U.S. Open Cup Handbook and the structure of professional and Open Division affiliated soccer in the U.S.
o Assist the Open Cup Commissioner in overseeing tournament operation, especially on match nights.
- Manage and train the Competitions Department Coordinator(s) and Associate(s) to operate in compliance with competitions policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly, with proficiency to communicate effectively to varied external audiences
- Skilled in use of latest versions of Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel)
- Aptitude in utilizing cloud-based, database-driven applications
- Thorough knowledge of the sport and the overall soccer landscape in the U.S. and beyond
- Must have a passion for the sport and be engrained in its culture
- Ability to deliver high quality work and execute under on deadline
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize workflow
- Able and willing to travel several times per year, if necessary
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends as needed
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
- U.S. Soccer has mandated the Covid-19 vaccine and is requiring all staff to be fully vaccinated at the start of employment