TPD is seeking an enthusiastic Bridge Engineer with 5 to 10 years of experience to join our team. Our ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, a desire to learn, the willingness to work cohesively within a team and the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of design computations, quantity estimates, and construction cost estimates.
- Specific tasks may include superstructure design, substructure design, foundation design, geometric layout, drawing preparation/checking, structural analysis, design of other transportation related structures (retaining walls, sound walls, sign structures), performing QC checking, etc.
- Assisting in the analysis of field data, reports, maps, drawings, tests, and aerial photographs to plan and design projects.
- Obtaining, analyzing, and interpreting data.
- Assisting in the preparation or modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, and designs for projects.
- Use of computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Assisting with business development activities by performing project research and performing field reconnaissance.
- Responsible for other general office duties as may be assigned.
Technical learning is encouraged both externally, as well as within TPD’s own University program (TPDU). TPD strongly encourages and supports individual’s career growth and upward mobility. As staff members advance in their career paths, opportunities may arise for advanced roles, in turn increasing responsibility and leadership options.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (required)
- NJ PE preferred (or pending)
- NJDOT project type (including NJ counties) design experience preferred
- Experience using CADD Software (MicroStation and/or AutoCAD)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work on multiple projects and ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid Driver’s License
REASONS TO WORK FOR TPD
We are a dynamic team of multi-disciplinary transportation professionals that innovate, collaborate, learn from each other, and serve the needs of our clients and the public. Our team of 200+ engineering, design, planning professionals share a mission to improve the quality of life for the public. We are deeply dedicated to our company values, which include a commitment to: fostering a healthy work-life balance; bettering our surrounding communities through charitable work and giving; staff, client, and geographic diversity; Professional Development; meeting the needs of the public; as well as active engagement in the shaping of policy.
Our team members produce exceptional work products and are supported in their growth through some of the most competitive benefits in the industry. TPD offers a competitive salary and benefits, including an unmatched flex-time policy, Paid Time Off, parental leave, and a Professional Development program designed to help our staff continue their education and training throughout their careers.
ABOUT TPD’S CULTURE
Ranked the overall #4 Best Civil Engineering Firm to Work for in the Nation (#1 in our size category), and residing on the list of the Engineering News Record (ENR)’s Top 500 Design Firms in the nation, we are proud of our success and growth as a multi-disciplinary engineering firm since our inception in 1989. With 13 offices throughout the eastern United States, no project is too small or too large for our professionals. From local streetscape or trail design projects to corridor improvement projects spanning miles, we take pride in everything we produce as a team. Our staff has become like a second family, with group potlucks, coordinated fitness challenges, and organized community improvement events. We seek opportunities to spend time with each other outside work because we genuinely enjoy each other’s company. At TPD, we offer a creative, supportive, flexible, and fun environment, an ideal environment to continue your career.