Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence
Position: Recruiter (temporary Part-time 24 hours)
Location: Philadelphia, PA (remote, work-from-home, in-person job fairs/partnership meetings)
Job Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: HR Director
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI) is proud to have achieved a 4-star rating by Charity Navigator, their highest level of distinction. BBBSI is the largest BBBS agency in PA/NJ and fourth largest in the nation. Our mission is to ignite the power and promise of youth and close the mentoring gap, by creating and supporting one-to-one mentoring relationships and strengthening the quality of the mentoring field.
The Recruiter will recruit, screen and make hiring recommendations in consultation with hiring managers. The Recruiter is responsible for efficiently and effectively fill open positions in BBBSI service areas. The recruiter will have experience successfully recruiting in PA and NJ, and is responsible for the recruitment and selection of non-exempt/exempt roles across the agency; developing, implementing and facilitating recruitment and placement strategies. Working in conjunction with Hiring Teams, this position will support EEO and diversity initiatives, marketing, and job posting strategies. The Recruiter will work under moderate supervision and will be required to make decisions and use independent judgment.
- Partner with Leadership, Hiring Managers, and HR team to ensure the delivery of talent identification across the agency.
- Evaluate job descriptions and conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Produce postings to attract the best potential candidates; using strategies likely to increase the visibility of positions on the web and in social media.
- Assist in developing recruitment plans, screening and interview questions.
- Identify and build partnerships with local businesses, institutions of higher education, identifying recruitment opportunities in the Philadelphia, Southern NJ and surrounding counties.
- Focused recruitment in the DEI space to attract diverse candidates.
- Vet and present qualified candidate resumes.
- Conducts interviews/phone screens in a thorough and professional manner to assure qualified candidates are referred to hiring manager.
- Coach management in interviewing and hiring techniques and unitization of recruitment HRM system
- Advise managers and leaders in the selection of internal and external candidates in accordance with all internal practices and applicable standards and regulations.
- Manage HRM database by utilizing recruitment work flow; updating job posting, archiving, and candidate management thorough the process.
- Assist in planning and execution of special recruiting events.
- Stay relevant by developing professional acuity, participating in professional events, and organizations.
- Other duties as assigned
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma and 4 years recruitment in a non-profit environment. OR, BA in Human Resources, Business, Psychology; and minimum of 2 years of recruitment/talent acquisition experience.
Professional Requirements: Understanding of current and local recruiting trends in BBBSI Service areas (PA, Southeastern NJ). Understanding of best practices and experience in building inclusive and engaged workplaces; cultural awareness and sensitivity with lens on racial and gender equity. Demonstrated ability to foster trust & teamwork among direct reports, peers and throughout the organization. Ensure the professional development for all direct reports. Strong verbal, written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills. Able to work well with individuals at all levels, both within and outside the organization. Able to successfully manage multiple tasks, projects and priorities simultaneously.
Personal Attributes: Demonstrate leadership, dedication, and an interpersonal savvy that helps establish effective relationships and an appropriate rapport with people; attentive and active listening skills; results/outcome oriented; approachable, organized; and demonstrate sound judgment in a leadership capacity. Function well in a fast-paced environment, display a strong level of commitment and enthusiasm, demonstrate flexibility, and team player. Motivated to help deliver the core mission. Our best employees 1) set the bar high 2) are intentional and thoughtful about their choices 3) collaborate as a means to community solutions 4) are positive, can-do, and solution-oriented 5) embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion, and 6) are accountable and get it done.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing work in an office environment and include the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: the ability to work independently; remain sedentary for extended periods of time (6+ hours per day); lift 10-15lbs; push, pull, bend kneel, as needed for normal operations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.?
WHO SHOULD APPLY??
Individuals with experience recruiting in the BBBSI service area of Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties in Pennsylvania, and Burlington, Camden and Gloucester Counties in New Jersey.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online at https://www.independencebigs.org/. Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted. No phone calls or 3rd party solicitation please.
Our aspiration is to develop an organization that reflects our constituent base. BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.
** This position is currently remote. However, the agency is returning to the office on April 1, 2022 in a hybrid model for most positions in the agency. Proof of vaccination or medical/religious exemptions are required.**