At Fresno First Bank, we truly believe that our people are our greatest asset – and we treat them as such. We offer exciting and interesting opportunities for dedicated, hard-working professionals. If you share our values and passion for providing clients with opportunities to achieve their aspirations and personal success.
Teamwork: We all pitch in to provide the high caliber service our customers deserve. We have to trust and rely on each other to execute our work with purpose and efficiency – however difficult the task might be. We are constantly thinking about the next step and the next opportunity.
Relationships: Building mutually beneficial relationships is crucial to the long-term success of our organization. By immersing ourselves in the business ventures we empower, we come to understand our customers as people with real human needs rather than just numbers.
Authentic: We say what we mean, and we mean what we say. Internally that means holding each other accountable and owning up to mistakes. It also means being straight forward with customers.
Commitment: Our pride of ownership is strong. Every day, we bring our best in order to support our customers and represent the bank.
Employment with Fresno First Bank will allow you to earn competitively, grow professionally and enjoy a collaborative and compassionate culture that rewards good ideas, good work, and initiative.
The Government Guaranteed Lending Department (SBA) Loan Processor will be responsible for ensuring compliance with SBA lending requirements by creating complete loan packages; to include satisfaction of closing conditions and loan closing documentation for all SBA loans originated by Lender. Assist the loan officers with the organization of loan files for prescreening, underwriting, and closing. Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
This duty may include and not limited to:
1. Follow-up with prospects to obtain credit application data.
2. Process and fund files according to bank policies and SOP guidelines.
3. Perform all work in compliance with established regulations, policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and instructions.
4. File UCCs according to various UCC requirements.
5. Ability to pull and review credit reports and all other 3rd party reports.
6. Obtain and review insurance policies for accuracy, compliance, etc. in accordance with Bank policy.
7. Review the bank approval, SBA input, and the SBA Authorization to ensure consistency.
8. Use SBA closing checklist to inform the centralized doc prep department of any outstanding items needed prior to closing the SBA loan.
9. Obtain tax transcripts from the IRS to confirm accuracy of tax returns provided.
10. Knowledge of SBA E-Tran system and SBA One to enter all SBA 7a loan applications.
11. Work closely with escrow and title to ensure that all required documentations are met to perfect collateral lien position as well as obtaining and reviewing of preliminary title reports and endorsements and entity documentations.
12. Knowledge of verifying injection, source movement of funds prior to closing an SBA loan.
13. Clear closing conditions.
14. Act as point of contract for Management, BDOs, Underwriters, Insurance Agents, customers, and Title and Escrow Officers.
15. Coordinating closing with borrowers, guarantors, brokers, title companies, or attorneys.
16. Coordinating cross-sell of bank products and services with other bank departments.
17. For existing credits, the incumbent will assist in collecting periodic information from customers and their representatives as required by the credit approval and loan documents.
18. Provide effective customer service and assist in resolving problems within given authority.
19. Prepares routine correspondence, reports and forms.
- 2+ years of SBA loan processing.
- Knowledge of SBA SOP’s
- Related work experience in positions such as loan assistant or loan closer, in a financial institution, title company, escrow company, or law firm.
- Intermediate level of work experience, knowledge and training in loan application processing, loan terminology, loan closing, loan documentation, business entity documentation.
- Intermediate knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank lending policies.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; internet searches; and MS Office (Word and Excel).
- Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent.