Not many companies in today’s world have a 95% retention rate of employees like Indiana Farmers Insurance. We value and retain our associates through a combination of interesting work, great co-workers, and a top-notch total rewards package. We are a financially strong mutual insurance company that values making smart decisions and implementing them sensibly. We also value having a good balance between our work and personal lives. All of these factors combined mean a positive and stable workplace for our associates and excellent service for our members!
We are currently looking for an experienced web developer to join our Information Technology Team. This position provides the opportunity to use your skills in a truly collaborative environment. As a web developer at Indiana Farmers Insurance, you will be part of a team that builds exceptional systems in support of our vision and provides an outstanding user experience for our members.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with team members to determine best practices and client requirements for applications
- Develop intuitive product that meets and exceeds the vision of the company
- Maintain all applications and create updates regularly to address customer and company concerns
- Analyze and test programs and products before formal launch
- Troubleshoot coding problems quickly and efficiently to ensure a high-quality product and customer experience
- Ensure compliance with software security policies by developing programs to actively monitor the sharing of private information
- Aid and support the coaching and training of other team members to ensure all employees are capable in the use of software applications
Qualifications and skills we are looking for include:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in computer technology or other closely related field
- A positive attitude, team mentality, and the interpersonal skills essential for effective communication with all levels of the organization, customers, or vendors
- Solid understanding of web application architecture
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to work independently and efficiently
- Proven experience creating scalable web applications
- Knowledge of relational database systems, Object oriented and web application development
- Working knowledge of VB.net
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST
- Experience with all phases of SDLC in Agile Software Development
- Good knowledge of networking concepts and protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, DNS etc.)
Why work for Indiana Farmers Insurance?
Imagine working for an employer like this:
- 95% retention of its employees over the last 5 years despite a competitive marketplace.
- Financially stable as shown by our A (Excellent) rating by AM Best.
- Truly customer focused, as all mutual insurance companies are and
- A strong legacy of excellent performance throughout our 145 years in business!
Our total rewards package includes a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Excellent health, dental, vision and life Insurance plans are provided free of charge to associates.
- We promote from within our diverse workforce regularly and offer regular opportunities to learn and grow.
- We offer an exceptional 401(k) Plan with a 2% match plus an 11% company contribution.
- An above average Paid Time Off bank of days as well as paid holidays are standard.
- We offer a paid Day of Service to serve others at your favorite charitable organization.
- Matching funds of up to $100 annually are available from the company for your favorite charitable organization.
- Associate recognition awards, fun gatherings, and opportunities to make friends are part of our culture.
- An on-site fitness center, as well as free and convenient parking right next to our building make life easier.
For more information about Indiana Farmers Mutual Insurance Company, please go to https://insurance.indianafarmers.com/about-us.
Indiana Farmers Insurance is an equal opportunity employer!